Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

So the plan this days off is to hopefully finish the trunk for now, I also plans to swede wrap the inside and wrap the tank and also have to mount the water filter for the water in the tank. Raise up the back suspension and lower the front to get it to match. Take some pics of driving height and full height. Also ill be tackling the headlights and getting the housing repainted gloss black, cut off plates red and get the highbeam projectors in. Thats about my plans for this weekend lol still havent recieved my fenders and the wheels are still looking like mid to end of june

Another update;

Got my headlights done, O2 sensor replaced, horns have been painted.

So this is the pics and walk through of installing projectors in the high beam.

So first is removing the bumper which is pretty easy. Few push clips underneath and some inside the wheel well. Then a few clips between the lights and above the rad.

30XjPdF.jpg

Next its removing the headlights which is a bolt and a push pin on top of the light, a bolt under the light and 2 more closer to the inside corner.

Yt85XOG.jpg

So heres the headlights before it all.

fiwh3RD.jpg

Lights apart and prep for paint

kLqPsOF.jpg

Getting all the ballast and other materials together

sFq5Eae.jpg

Projectors

bDJEKto.jpg

Ballast with bracket

XHHQB1j.jpg

Projector Shroud

ZI5FTfG.jpg

So we quickly realized that the threaded end of the projector bowl was not long enough to make it through the highbeam bowl and out the back. So we had to cut down the back of the projector.

Here is the back of the projector housing before

TBELoLI.jpg

And after we cut the backs.

kMtI2lU.jpg

After this there was a lot of dust so we took our time and cleaned out the housing. Using air tools it made quick work.

So we started sanding down the projector shrouds.

2IGV7s8.jpg

Heres the housing painted gloss black.

1l1GJ2k.jpg

We also painted the cut off plates to give the demon eye affect. .

n8ulHIT.jpg

Highbeam bowl and shroud painted

biDdBRu.jpg

Highbeam mounted

INJNwEg.jpg

Other little project was to paint my hella horns bronze to hopefully match my lip on my wheels or close too.

So it took like a dozen little bolts on the front of the horns and disconnect the horns and bracket to make it easier to access.

Hard to tell here but I used 800 grit sand paper to prep the surface

XvepBLw.jpg

First coat stuck really well

s3q1TWV.jpg

Third coat

XMeiv2r.jpg

Bolted it back together and reinstalled

Kkls6MZ.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang! ❤

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
dude those headlights look sick! i hope you sealed those up good to make sure no moisture gets in there

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Guess that means you like it? Hahah
Yep. Your build is really looking nice.

dude those headlights look sick! i hope you sealed those up good to make sure no moisture gets in there

Thanks! They seem to be hahah only time will tell now lol

Yep. Your build is really looking nice.

Appreciate it :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Man, headlights are fantastic! Great job! :tup:

Well folks just a little update;

First of all I did a little virtual dyno run and I know the virtual has a lot of factors to it that would affect it but, I found a flat road, did a log of just a 3rd gear pull from 2500rpm, checked the elevation on both sides of the flat and managed to get out of 3 runs hitting the same numbers or just a couple in difference. Tuning isnt 100% but I got so far 412whp and 351wtq. I will get another few runs and get a few 4th gear pulls in there and post up a graph.

Next update is I have my Ralliart sold and Picking up a new 16 Tacoma which im pumped about haha

Got land for a house to start with the next house.

Next plans is and hopefully the car stays running good is to just buy everything for a long block build and once house and garage is done do it in the garage and have a full write up.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
My VD was 330 whp and 360 wtq. I go with 290-300 actual whp and 320-330 actual wtq. Subtract about 30-40 and those numbers is what you MIGHT be around. So, 370-380 whp and 310-320 wtq. I imagine your car doesn't stock pulling till right around redline. Mine gives me a huge kick in the ass and slowly tapers off by 6k RPM. :lol:

My VD was 330 whp and 360 wtq. I go with 290-300 actual whp and 320-330 actual wtq. Subtract about 30-40 and those numbers is what you MIGHT be around. So, 370-380 whp and 310-320 wtq. I imagine your car doesn't stock pulling till right around redline. Mine gives me a huge kick in the ass and slowly tapers off by 6k RPM. :lol:

I dont know haha I feel confident in those numbers for it reads it as a dynojet. Corbin says the virtual tune actaully reads really accurate if you have the info filled out correctly lol

So another quick little update;

Noticed last night my driver side low beam light wasnt on so during my days off next week Ill have to take the front bumper off and have a look at the connections. If not might have to order some new low beams.

Also during days off Im going to pick up some more bronze paint and paint the perrin goodies under the hood and paint the v3 faceplate.

Also I forgot the side interior console piece came in so ill replace that.

Also I dont know if I mentioned here or not but Im having trouble keeping my access port mounted. I've tried the sticky tab that comes with the holder, I've tried double sided 3M tape, Windshield glue, and velcro strips. I wanted to avoid screws or self tappers so I was told about a window suction cup mount. So I just ordered one of those which comes with a 11" bendy mount. It was only 15 bucks on ebay so ill give that a try.

Also while talking to Corbin my tuner last night he didnt know I had dual ports for meth injection into my throttle body so he was super pumped to hear that cause he was tuning for one port so he tells me I should hit 450whp with no issues.