Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

Meth being installed. Flow sensor is installed in windshield washer tank. 50/50 split of methanol and water. Wires are ran. All lines are ran. Pump is mounted next to windshield washer tank on driver side. Intercooler is tapped. Soon time for tuning. Then install of ebcs and fuel pump.

wr4emYX.jpg

bWXNd86.jpg

4LfZ5my.jpg

vs8avKe.jpg

5hUcaDz.jpg

Took the tranny out and replaced the clutch with a stage 2 Competition Clutch. Opinion on the clutch is so far its great. Competition says its good for 450wtq. The clutch feels like stock so im interesting to see what the clutch actually can handle.

Transmission Jack

dtWJs3k.jpg

Tires off for better access. 4 very sturdy jack stands underneath and ready to drop the transmission

44Gg0oQ.jpg

Transmission dropped
bxxdT2y.jpg

The stock clutch on the left and the new Stage 2 clutch on the right

PUyU7eo.jpg

And the new clutch installed in its new home.

0eIPnDQ.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome so far!! Cant wait to see more!! :tup:

Installing the head unit I bought. Taking the radio out was easy. Most wires where to easy to deal with. I soldered the wires together and used heat shrink on them. Couldnt get my steering controls to work so im going to take another look at that another time.

Here the dash trim off

w3KaNtZ.jpg

Stereo out and just vents there along with the wiring.

ZYMB80x.jpg

Getting the wires straightened out.

xKGkDqN.jpg

Soldered them together and heat shrink.

z5fQfa3.jpg

Putting the new stereo in

Kl9OLru.jpg

New stereo in and dash trim on

Jt1XbJ6.jpg

And as of right now im waiting for the new rubber to come in for the subie and the ralliart. I have BF Goodwrich Sport Comp 2s in 245/40/18 for the Subie and General Tire G-Max in 235/45/18 for the Ralli. I had the GoodYear Eagle GTs for the subie and they where horrible in the rain. Also have a JCs pods triple gauge A-Pillar coming and 3 Prosport Evo gauges coming. All red illumination and the 3 gauges are a new Boost gauge, EGT and Oil pressure.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Tires! Comp-2. Those are my next tires. I had potenza re760 before and was astonished. Then some members here said that the comp-2 are better! How much did you pay shipped for your set?

Tires! Comp-2. Those are my next tires. I had potenza re760 before and was astonished. Then some members here said that the comp-2 are better! How much did you pay shipped for your set?

I got a buddy who owns a tire shop so I got my tires for $175 a tire and thats shipped, taxes, balancing and mounting included lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice! Well your journal is one to keep track of! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yes that is my ride. Thank you! I have to stop slacking and make the new journal already. I said i was going to after it was detailed and that was a week ago! :tard: :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Think you can do a write up or a DIY on the front bumper quick releases?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice! When is that badboy gonna be installed?!

Ok a DIY on the bumper quick release fastners.

1: First thing I did was undo the inner fender wells so you could get access to the back of the bumper easier.
2: I measured using a flexible measuring tape I measured (for the top set) from the light to desired point on bumper and fender, also measured from the bumper line as seen in picture below. Also measured from the where the bumper meets the fender. I measured all the same lengths from all 3 positions.
3: For the bottom set of the quick release fasteners I measured from 2 different positions. From the edge of the fender and also where the bumper and fender meet.
4: I marked holes with a marker. Just make sure not to make the mark bigger then the fastener supports.
5: Used a small pilot bit to make a small hole in the middle of the mark.
6: After the small hole was made I got the proper bit for the size of the screws included in the Password JDM kit.
7: Using the smaller bit you can penetrate throw the bumper and fender easier and when there is a less chance of the bit sliding around and scratching up everything.
8: Once holes are drilled use the support and screw to secure it to the fender and bumper.
9: Place hand in through where you left opened up the fender to hold on the the nut on the back and tighten it up.
10: My first mistake was not to use some kind of rubber sealant because after a year my fasteners dry rotted after a year.

Any more questions ask away :) hope this helps.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice! A lot of goodies incoming then! :tup:

Can you make a new thread in the How To section and copy/paste the DIY post?