Perrin Engine Mount Kit
Perrin Transmission Mount Kit
Perrin Radiator Stay
Perrin Radiator Shroud
Perrin Pulley Cover
Perrin GTX3076R Rotated Turbo Kit

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
What's your power goal ? Crank or wheel.
What fuel?

Only thing I don't like is the I beam rods. They reduce longevity and reliability. They should only be used in really high horse engines.

What's your power goal ? Crank or wheel.
What fuel?

Only thing I don't like is the I beam rods. They reduce longevity and reliability. They should only be used in really high horse engines.

I dont understand. how is something that is made to withstand high hp lose longevity and reliability at lower hp?

My only issue is using expensive ass rods when you are running a gt30 that will put down 400whp...eagle rods will suffice in this scenario.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I dont understand. how is something that is made to withstand high hp lose longevity and reliability at lower hp?

My only issue is using expensive ass rods when you are running a gt30 that will put down 400whp...eagle rods will suffice in this scenario.

I beam rods are typically heavier. The increased weight reduces bearing life. How much? I can't say but for longer life as most of us desire, H beams are probably a better choice.
They are a substantial rod and their element is extreme applications where longevity is not a desired outcome.

STIKC

I'm doing a GTX35r w/ a 93 tune and race gas tune.

550-600 wheel hp on pump gas
600-650 wheel hp on race gas

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Why not go with the trick TIC TGVs?

PnP IM and TB?

What's the diameter on the header components? And you sure on the UEL? I dunno if you're already familiar with the KillerB stuff, but it wont crack. Most aftermarket ones will crack eventually if run hard.

Dont forget a new timing belt kit.

With rotated, does that come with a DP, or are they generally custom? I havent looked into that.

I'd get an upgraded oil pickup, and think about a bigger pan or baffle. But definitely the pickup (OEM is shit)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'd say I beam rods if your going power like that. Lol

Your going to really want to pay particular attention to oiling and cooling and oil cooling at those levels.
Your probably going to want to start looking at beefing the block.
There is now a lot more to the equation with those power goals.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you are going extra oil clearance on the rod bearing you need to do the same on the main bearing also. That will clearance match everything together (rod, main and piston). This way your oil will be compatible with everything together and you should be using 10w40 at least for this build.

I am not a fan of the Perrin FMIC. The steel components on my friends car is rusting out badly and the cancer has now spread from the FMIC to the body of the car.

Also 600 is a tall order on pump gas. Maybe on a high reading dyno you will achieve 550-600 but on a mustang you will be closer to 500 on pump gas and a 35R. I'm just being realistic here. Also this car will be slower on the street so unless you are doing this for the track the thing is going to be next to useless in real world driving conditions.

STIKC

I'm building the car to be a daily driver but the real power would be shown on the drag strip. Were looking at low nines high eights with race gas and mid to low 9s on pump gas. Calculations correct I would be around 1.5 seconds in the 60'.

I'm bore & honeing out the motor, resurfacing the flywheel, 5w-30 oil, BOSCH 3300 oil filter, etc.

I'm trying to figure out if I should stick with the AP 2 step or do a Anti-lag.

I think I'm going to do the GTX30r turbo instead of the GTX35r. I will loose horsepower but it would be a monster on the streets and strip instead of just strip. I also think the guy is smoking something about the dyno numbers and drag times. I've seen AWD cars with 30k+ in the motor that gets 8-9s. All I want is close to 500 to the ground on pump gas and mid 500s+ with 85. What do you guys think?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The power goal of 500 is achievable but the quarter mile times are unrealistic. You're looking at low elevens, high tens maybe. Spec Ops motorsports has a full blown race EVO that is fully stripped down and they spent all of two seasons to get 9.76 out of it. They will be pushing for low 9s high 8s this time around.

The STi with no weight reduction is a pure pig. You would need 800 to propel it to the numbers you are suggesting. I don't mean to burst your bubble but it is better to be prepared for the disappointment now. To get 9's and 8's out of an sti (The correct way) is going to require $100,000 worth of mods and a 20 year + experienced tuner IMO. Anything else is going to be woefully unreliable.

I would stick with your suggestion to go with the 30R and a power goal of 500 to 550 but bank on an e85 tune for the most power. It should be streetable yet fun on the straight track. To be truly competitive on the circuit though, the 30R is not the best IMO. You need something that spools sooner yet flows well in the mid high rpms. IMO the best all around turbo is a Dom 3 or 2.5. Those will put you in the 450 range but you will have better fun in all aspects of the sport.

Last edited:

STIKC

I posted the times about 5 minutes after getting the email telling me those times. Thats why I clicked edit a little later and was like I think he is off on the 1/4 times lmao. I'm like there is just no way I would be in that time frame. I'm use to MazdaSpeed 3's though so wasn't sure if I was just use to FailWheelDrive. haha I'm going to do the GT30 with a 93 and 85 tune and call it quits. I do drag racing mostly, with a bunch of mexico racing in between. The mod list still good or over doing it?

STIKC

I sent Spec Ops my sheet to see how much they would charge and if they had any opinions. Maybe I should buy parts to max out stock turbo and internals and get a tune on 93 and 85 for now and next summer focus on the build. My Suby still only has 5k miles. lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
330/380 - E70 - mustang dyno

I feel that there may be a bit more room in her and could hit 340/400 with a more aggressive tune. Light head work, mild cams and tgv's, pnp turbo and billet wheel along with pnp headers and 350+/400+ could easily be achieved.

I don't drag race this car but if I had to throw a number out there probably mid 12's all day and low 12's under great circumstances.
With the other work, mid to high 11's.
Not what you want but it makes a damn nice all around setup.

STIKC

That would be a nice setup to hold me over until summer 2014. My issue is I had a fully bolted MS3 that I traded to get my subaru and need to at least get to the WHP/TQ I had to make me happy. I understand the MS3 is FWD and not AWD but still, I want to at least match 330whp I had in the MS3 to be happy.

I was at the track with Intake and Stage 1 Cobb Map and ran 13.3 all day with a 3 second 60'. Sad to say those numbers was with a clynder 4 continious misfire that I didn't know about until 2 weeks later when I started to feel the cabin viberations. Can't wait to see what I'm at now with the TBE, Dyno tune 93 and 85 map. I'll find out when i get back from deployment first week or to of the new year.