camshaft position sensor

irishdave

So, the other day I got a po340 camshaft position sensor bank 1 cel. How big of a pain in the ass is this to change. Kinda having a hard time getting at it. Do I have to pull a bunch of stuff off to get to it, or am I just a tard? lol

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You should be able to get at it with relative ease. I forgot what might be in the way but there shouldn't be to much. Usually when you start getting codes for cam sensor it turns out to be an intermittent connector or ground somewhere or the oil supply to the AVCS solenoid is diminished. Removing the filter screens in the banjo bolts to the oil supply lines that feed the heads will sometimes solve this.

irishdave

I have an 06. I thought I read somewhere that they stopped using the screens in the later half of MY05. Could be wrong.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I just removed them. There is little risk in doing this IMO because if and when they clog that is just as bad, if not worse, as having nothing there. Besides the oil filter should be doing its job :tup:

Unfortunately the front filter can only be gotten at by taking off the timing belt and then the plastic back cover. That is assuming this is the problem in the first place.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Keep us updated!

irishdave

So far so good. Pretty sure it's fixed. Before I couldn't make it a block without the cel coming back on. It's been off for two days now. All clear.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! You could write a How To/DIY if youd like! :tup: