CEL help sensor quetion.

spoolya05

OK a few months ago I got my car back from topspeed from getting tuned. I was looking in the engine bay and noticed this sensor sitting there and didn't know what it was for and why one of the nipples was disconnected, so I called topspeed and they said it had something to do with emissions and that they delete it, so I took it as I could unplug it and that would be it. Well I threw this code after I did that P0457 (evaporative emission system leak /fuel cap loose /off ) I hooked the sensor back up and cleared the code. It came back and keeps coming back. I called topspeed again and they told me to replace the gas cap, do I did, cleared the code and it came back. I'm at a dead end. Does any one know what could be going on here and if it's this sensor or something else. Thanks!
agaqepuq.jpg

You may need to have topspeed give you a new map with adjustments. Then reflash the map on your ECU. Were you tuned with a Cobb AP?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah bring it back to top speed. They deleted it (for what ever reason) they need to fix it

spoolya05

I called them and they are gonna see what they can do. Driving it back is a pain since they are two hours away but hopefully they will send me a new map or something

spoolya05

I can't figure out how this is supposed to be hooked up. I'v been looking but nothing. Does any one know what hoses connect to this?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I forget are you 07+? And are we talking about the black circluar thing? If so, i think that's the atmospheric pressure sensor. If i'm right it used to be attached to the secondary air pump selonoid. You can ditch the pump and selonoid, but you need that sensor to get proper boost readings. It doesnt attach to anything anymore, just dangles.

spoolya05

It's a 05 STI and it's the evap solenoid sensor, apparently it deals with something with the fuel tank I believe. I'm trying to figure out what is supposed to be connected to it cuz I'v tried everything I can think of and I can't get rid of the CEL

That solenoid is to control emissions from the fuel tank via the vent line. one hose is connected to the intake (plus that) the other to the turbo inlet (plug that) and the other to the fuel lines beneath the IM (VTA). disconnect the sensor and tell topspeed to send you a map with that cel disabled. That will clear everything up.