CHECK ENGINE FLASHING CRUISE MULTIPLE CODES!!!

itsmondo

Im freakin out flashing cruise control and check engine light on. Pulled these codes
442 evap
303 cylinder 3 misfire
244 turbo solenoid?

Turbo was recently replaced with an oem one everything seemed perfectly in place its just those codes :/ can any one shoot some ideas ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Is it still running ok?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well, let's start with what happened when the CEL came on. What were you doing?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Misfire and probable boost leak.

Do you have an accessport or tactrix cable?
Did you reset the ecu and see how the car ran afterwards?
How does the engine sound when its running?

itsmondo

I was on merging on to the freeway wasnt even driving past 5500 rpm even before my turbo went out i would at times drive fast and wheb reaching high rpms feel a sudden kick like some kind of tug then it would continue to pick up speed?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Uhhhhh. Fuel cut. Not good.

Is this your only car? Do you have another car you can drive while this one sits? I dont recommend you drive the car until we figure out whats wrong.

Do you have means of data logging? Do you know your way around the car mechanically?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4577]TK-421[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]

itsmondo

I bought this car off this mom and pop dealer i can tell it has had work done to it after market exhaust headers intake thats all ive noticed and the air oil seperator was added and a after market bpv

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok. List all of the mods on the car. Do you know if it was tuned? Did it come with an accessport or tactrix cable? When did you get the car?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
You said you had just replaced the turbo. Is this the first time you've driven it since replacing the turbo.

itsmondo

Unfortunately i dont know if it was tuned it it did not come with an accessport. It idles fine its just upon taking off boost feels like it does not kick it in... got the car about 8 months ago always changed the oil around 2,500 miles

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Has it always had the cel codes? Do you always drive hard and it fuel cuts?

itsmondo

No since it did that once i kept from driving hard dude to the fact i didn't know why it did it .it did have the code but they said its not passing smog . And yeah since the turbo was replaced that was the first time it felt like a loss of power but during the installation it looked put together perfectly

itsmondo

I have not driven the car since and as of my mechanical knowledge im like a baby ive changed the spark plugs breaks oil changes and assisted in the turbo swap but other than that i usual call people that are mechanics friends/family

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well dont drive it anymore. When did you change the spark plugs? You cant data log so that will make it tougher to make progress. You need to:

Do a compression test
Do a boost leak test

Send us some pics of the car. Engine bay and interior.
Do you have any gauges? (Wideband, boost gauge?)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Sounds like things may not have been put back together in order.
You do the turbo install or did a shop do it?

itsmondo

As of the pictures ill get back to you i work late nights i work from 5pm to 1:30am-5am i had a friend that said he knew how to install turbos .... im guess bad idea? I dont have any gages and as of the the spark plugs after the turbo swap i changed them. And the compression boost leak are doable by someone like me? Being honest which you guys probably noticed im no pro.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
The codes seem random as it not really related to one another.
Boost control may be hooked up incorrectly or a hose has been left off or has cone loose.
#3 coil pack may be disconnected, not connecting all the way or it could be bad. Spark plug in #3 could not be seated properly. Gap of plug could be too much or gapped to tight.
Evap system/hose could have come loose or is not connected.
Since your not a pro, self admission, or don't feel confident, taking this to a reputable shop may be your best bet. It seems you've got a host of issues that may need a trained eye to diagnose.