"Chloe" 07 STi

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Bought a shift knob and extension piece from billetworkz at the carlisle event this weekend

WHAAAAT!

That thing is sick. I want one.

Do you think this is more for leisure shifting? (if so I'm in) I would imagine it adds quite a bit of travel to the trow.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
WHAAAAT!

That thing is sick. I want one.

Do you think this is more for leisure shifting? (if so I'm in) I would imagine it adds quite a bit of travel to the trow.

Yea its very comfortable for just shifting like a normal person and not beating on the car... As far as the travel goes its not as bad as u would think.. Im very happy with it and i just painted the extension piece gloss black last night ill take a pic later on

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice. How do you like it?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
So i did it.. Pulled the trigger and got a NRG harness bar to mount my harness. Took the back seats out to make sure no one sat back there as it is unsafe. I may eventually put them back in but the plan right now is to make them into a couch for my living room

f0f37b57c27326006d2c9c7e6ff89b81.jpg

Harness will be mounted later today after work

1db00349554dd4e8da22c8e4f46f56b9.jpg

26e1ab5ae97d0fe5b00fe13ed13e1aac.jpg

Harness is made by Pit Road M in Japan signed by the owner of the company which translates to his blessing for the harness to keep me safe. I HAVE THE ONLY ONE IN THE UNITED STATES. which is huge for me. I am only allowed to order 1 more for the passenger side then no more will be shipped to the US.

And thats all i have to say about that...

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So i did it.. Pulled the trigger and got a NRG harness bar to mount my harness. Took the back seats out to make sure no one sat back there as it is unsafe. I may eventually put them back in but the plan right now is to make them into a couch for my living room

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/f0f37b57c27326006d2c9c7e6ff89b81.jpg

Harness will be mounted later today after work

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/1db00349554dd4e8da22c8e4f46f56b9.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/02/26e1ab5ae97d0fe5b00fe13ed13e1aac.jpg

Harness is made by Pit Road M in Japan signed by the owner of the company which translates to his blessing for the harness to keep me safe. I HAVE THE ONLY ONE IN THE UNITED STATES. which is huge for me. I am only allowed to order 1 more for the passenger aide then no more will be shipped to the US.

And thats all i have to say about that...

Very cool brother! Looks great!!

How does it feel now when driving?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
just put the bar in last night so i haven't driven much with it in.. but i can already tell its a bit stiffer. as far as driving with the back seats out its not as bad as you might think. with the windows up the exhaust note is only louder if i am really getting on it. windows open cant tell a thing. but you do hear more road noise either way especially rocks and gravel kicking up in the wheel wells

also the blue on the bar is actually really close to the paint which im very happy about

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You need to do a write up on that. ;)

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
well JJ... its already in so not very easy to take pics of the install. ill do a write up though. let me drive it for a few days nd figure out what to say lol

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
really? i thought it did some sort of bracing there.

Nah, just keeps fatties from sagging when they're in the back.

But that reminds me, you should do the home-depot rear-chassis bridge, (or go for the full-price option if you're so inclined). Now that actually provides real-world bracing!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wasn't there a x-brace for the trunk that really worked?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Nah, just keeps fatties from sagging when they're in the back.

But that reminds me, you should do the home-depot rear-chassis bridge, (or go for the full-price option if you're so inclined). Now that actually provides real-world bracing!

please explain.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
carlabs x-brace did, but its heavyish and $$$. I think TIC bought the rights and is doing it now. $450 or so.

Then there's the Litespeed Chassis Bridge. It's essentially two cables, diagonally across the trunk opening (where rear seat-backs would be) exactly the same place as the X-brace. It, too, prevents parallelogram-ing. But it's along the linkes of $150.

Then theres the Home Depot Racing (HDR) version of the Litespeed Chassis Bridge. It's EXACTLY the same, except its DIY. I bought way too much stuff (to avoid having to drive back to the store) and did it for $15 IIRC.

To those skeptics, It works.

Here's the rigid/welded X-brace, unbolted at the bottom:

And my annecdotal evidence is from backing into my old parking space required backing over a drainage ditch where the car wanted to tripod which led to a lot of squeaking. After installing my HDR chassis bridge, the sqeaking almost disappeared.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Oh here's the litespeed one:

chassis-bridge2.jpg

Don't try telling me you cant do that at Home Depot!