CLEAN PCV VALVE

MILLI_VANILLI

So as my week end warrior project i decided to clean my PCV valve , which went well, however..... I did remove the intake manifold to get to it due to the fact that there was not very much work space..... Now the car is running rich... I thought about it and wanted to ask if maybe i didn't place the gaskets correctly and now there is a leak. I thought this maybe the case, because the MAF is sensing good air flow but as soon as it passes the MAF it is leaking , So the ECU maybe giving it more fuel, This I know sounds retarded and I am learning so don't hammer me to hard guys ... I also wanted to ask could the MAF be bad ?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
We would never hammer on someone! :tup:

Does it read rich all the time or just when you are in boost. Typically if there is a leak after the MAF but before the turbo it would be lean all the time. If there is a leak after the turbo it will be lean when in vacuum and rich when in boost. If it is rich all the time then it usually indicates a bad MAF or O2.

You can monitor your A/F Correction and A/F Learned along with A/F Sensor Ratio and you will get a pretty good idea of what is going on. Look at the sum or A/F Correction and Learned while in vacuum. If the numbers are gross positive that indicates a leak. Then while in mild boost if they are gross negative, the leak is after the turbo.

MILLI_VANILLI

Thank you for the reply!! would this still apply if my MAF is after the turbo ... it is literally right before the U in the pipe, in front of the throttle body ..... ?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh no it wouldn't...

In this case If there was a leak after the turbo but before the MAF the Fuel Trims would be normal but you won't be reaching target boost. If there is a leak after the MAF then fuel trims will be lean under vacuum and rich under boost.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's ok. We're here when you're ready. A log will help us figure it out rather than guess at it.