Coilover Input Requested for rally AND tarmac events?

Robb

Here is a reply I received from EXE-TC Coilovers:

"Hello Robb
Thank you for your enquiry. I apologize for my late reply but I have been out testing for the 100 Acre Wood rally this weekend.

In a perfect world you would need two set of dampers to cover what you want to do. A tarmac set and a gravel set. That option works out to be quite expensive though. At some point one set of dampers will be a compromise in one of the events you want to do.
If you will mostly be doing tarmac events and daily driving then a tarmac set would bet best. If you are going to be doing a lot of off road work then the gravel set up would be better. We have run a gravel damper with stiffer settings for the odd tarmac stage in a gravel rally. You also must realize that these dampers are for competition and may be too stiff for every day driving. Although you can back off the adjustments to the softest positions and run them on the street that way.
A gravel or a tarmac set vary in cost. These are three way adjustable and have a adjustable hydraulic bump stop. The dampers a fully rebuildable. For a average rally season the would require one rebuild at the end of the season. For a street based car they would last longer.

Hope this information helps."

Regards

Gregg Hamilton

Mobile: +1 719 440 0117
Email:exetcusa@aol.com
Email: Skippygregg1@aol.com

Robb

So you were all correct it takes a set for each surface/stage so there is no such thing as a coilover for both tarmac and gravel like I had hoped, just a specially designed set for each. Thanks for the great discussion I learned a lot in the process thats for sure :)