Decisions, decisions

Well, I bought my JL 10w3v3 back from a buddy tonight. I am thinking I want to run two of them. I looked around online for a custom two 10" box for the STi, but, came up empty handed. It's looking like I will be building a box, no biggie. That said, I will hopefully be trading my Kicker 10" L7 DVC for a JL that matches what I have. I like the look of the JL, clean, smooth. I also don't need an L7, it's just waaaayyy to much for me. Plus, the JL requires less airspace, so I can have a little more trunk space. If anyone has the sub I need, I would be open to trade, until then, its time to start designing. ugh. lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
How much would you let the L7 go for... Just to confirm this is the square one right?

I guess make me an offer? It is the square, its the first gen i believe, before voicecoil issues. It hits very hard. I paid $200 for it a few months back. Are you close to ridgecrest?

Wow, your in New York, that's shipping and a half, lol! The sub in the box weighs about 75 pounds, it's 5/8 MDF.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I guess make me an offer? It is the square, its the first gen i believe, before voicecoil issues. It hits very hard. I paid $200 for it a few months back. Are you close to ridgecrest?

Not sure where ridgecrest is. I have two of them now and I am just looking for a spare. They are working fine now but I blew one a few months ago and I was shell shocked at how much it cost to replace. I would be willing to spend $100. Otherwise I would pass.

That would kill me on shipping, lol. I wish you lived closer, im on the west coast, socal. a bit of distance between us!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Eesh yeah... Not very important though. If you change your mind at any point let me know. I could pay half the shipping if it's not to bad, but those speakers are pretty heavy so i dunno.

I'll think about it. Had a buddy who offered 100, but he's one of those guys that relies on if my stuff sells type deals. Lol.

I forgot how crisp and precise the no is compared to the kicker. Two totally different types of bass delivery.

Sticking with the kicker and spent a good four hours tuning the WHOLE system. I love my amp, it's a pdx5 by alpine, 5 channels of full tune-ability. On another note, if there's anyone in socal that wants a fiberglass box for the 200-2007 sti/wrx, let me know, I'll hook it up for free if you buy the JL 10W3V3 for 75. That's a ported enclosure it's currently in, the sub, and the fiberglass box. Its sitting in the garage and with my projects and jonnys projects, it's bound to get fuckered up. Let me know asap! Also, I will be in the lancaster/Palmdale area on Saturday in the morning. Hitting the mall and breakfast maybe lunch.

Well, I sold the kicker, back to the JL. I think I am going to order up one more of them, then See about having a custom fiberglass enclosure made. Something that tucks towards the seat and maintains a bit of trunk space.