Delinquent in posting my introduction!

bigmick

Hey Everyone,

I am Mick (Big Mick, Ghost, or Mick) I joined the forums right before the OC AWD Meet but didn't get a chance to log in and say hi. I met JJ and some other members at the Meet and was really impressed by everyone. The openness, desire to share and create a true community was great to see.

I have a 2004 STi I bought when I was living in California (now in Southern Maryland). I picked the car up from the original owner barely broken in and have loved it ever since. I was completely content with the car as it sat stock. So many people have said this but I never planned to upgrade. Then before there was a Ken Block I guess I thought I could be him and promptly drifted the car in to a curb sideways..... Ultimate FAIL! No body damage just two rims and suspension, so of course why would you replace stock components with stock when you can just UPGRADE and so my downward spiral began! :tard:

My plan has always been only upgrade what is due to be replaced or if it breaks. If I am moving a part that is worth while to upgrade in the process of fixing something else then it gets upgraded as well.

So as the car sits now:

Stock engine
Stock Turbo
Short Ram intake
Turbo XS RFL BOV
Turbo XS FMIC
APS 3.5" TBE
Phatbotti Open Source Tune (Ron (phatron) and Mike are nothing but quality)
Tein FLEX Coilovers with EDFC
Cusco Rear Sway Bar
Helix Endlinks
ACT Stage 2 Clutch
Gruppe-S Lightened Flywheel
Kart Boy Short Shifter and Bushings
INGS+1 Body Kit
Seibon CF Hood w/ Heat Extraction Vent
DPE S20 Wheels
DPA Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Hawk Pads
Goodrich SS Brake Lines
WRB Headlight Assemblies
HID Bulb Upgrade
HID High Beam Conversion
LED Bulb replacements interior and exterior
Custom Air Brushed Front Clip

I think that is it. The remainder of the summer and early fall I am buying my turbo upgrade and all associated goodies, so I can take my time and assemble the car in its new form this winter. Wish me luck!

I plan on attending as many shows, meets, and drag event as possible on the east coast so if there is anything coming up never hesitate to let me know.

1323319017517.jpgfrontend pass.jpgHDR.jpginsta1.jpginsta2.jpg

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome.

Actually, I think hitting a tree makes you more Ken Block-like than NOT hitting one :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hi pal! Nice intro. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome... Glad you could join!

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own!

ZachTTLM

Thanks for intro, Glad you joined us! Look forward to hearing more from you!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Certainly glad to have you with us! That's a pretty wild paint scheme. Must have cost a good penny. :) Give a shout if you need anything at all!