Dipstick help

So i know this is available anywhere to find out but i want to ask you guys on here, while I'm at work to ease my mind.

I have a hybrid motor. 2.5l block and 2.0l heads.

When I check my oil I believe I still have a 2.0l dipstick, I did an oil change and it still reads above the fill hatch mark. I put in 4.8 quarts

the 04's come with a little finger loop hole in the top of the dipstick to pull it out right?

So do i have the wrong dipstick?
I will upload a picture of the dipstick i have now.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Anyone know where i can buy an STi dipstick?

IMAG1086.jpg
This is my dipstick i have in my car now, its a 2.0l WRX dipstick right?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'll have to run out in a sec and look at mine. I forget what it looks like, lol.

haha okay let me know, Thanks JJ!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Mine don't look like yours.

yve4yqar.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The STi dip stick is definitely different than the WRX. If you are using the STI oil pan and a WRX dipstick, then the WRX dip stick is to long and therefor will indicate more oil than is actually there.

My friend has a hybrid build and just spun a bearing because he was using the wrong dip stick/oil pan combination and it indicated his oil was fine when he was always running it a quart low.

The STi dip stick is definitely different than the WRX. If you are using the STI oil pan and a WRX dipstick, then the WRX dip stick is to long and therefor will indicate more oil than is actually there.

My friend has a hybrid build and just spun a bearing because he was using the wrong dip stick/oil pan combination and it indicated his oil was fine when he was always running it a quart low.

I have a 2.5 hybrid block, ej257 bottom end, and im using the wrx dipstick...great, lol I have just been doing oil changes every 500 for the first 3 changes. I watch my oil pressure constantly. Just changed to full synthetic 10w30 for the winter @ 1500 miles, im at 1992 miles now break in. I chack my oil once a week and havent added more than half a quart since last oil change. Its also been cold here 6 degrees last night, -6 with the wind. I dont boost much in super cold as i dont want to burn oil.

Same here, I have an '04 and mine looks like JJ's.

S*** :tard: I need to buy one asap!!!! where do I buy just a dipstick? and not spend 50$?

Mine don't look like yours.

yve4yqar.jpg

I need to buy one!! ASAP! Where doe? lol

Update: Bought one at my local dealership

They ordered the part for $22.75, and ill pick it up on thursday when i go in.

Quoting you again holy. This is exactly why I spun a bearing on my last motor setup. All because the previous owner didnt care, and sold me the car with missing information/parts/and not even the right parts on the car!?!