Exhaust leak signs?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice.

06STI360

Thanks, I am really impressed with both manufactures quality and fitment. I have 0 rattles on heatshields and the exhaust doesn't interfeer with anything out back or melt mah bumper. Also since the exhaust is a single exit and the stock exhaust system is stupid heavy I removed close to 50 lbs of weight from under the car. :thumbsup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yep I hear ya. I took out my spare tire and jack to lose weight also! Also my new wheels when they get here are 4 pds lighter than my BBS wheels! I'm cutting out the fat, lol! I also got the Invidia V3 DP and Invidia N1 Street exhaust and it sounds greaaatttttt!

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah don't want all the weight back there. Also the factory exhaust was so dam heavy that it had to shed like 50 pds or more. Crzy I say just crzy!

06STI360

The GR exhaust is so heavy, I changed it on a lift and nearly dropped it on my head. The axleback has to way 45 lbs by itself.

Bluedemon_II

+1 to weight loss. I wan't to take my spare tire out of the trunk and replace it with a quick inflation kit like in the camaros lol. My dad says that it might help me out when I get a blow out, but that isn't true since I cant use my spare tires while my other rims are about 1inch bigger with taller wheels.

I'm also dealing with an exhaust leak at the mid pipe section. I guess I'm going to correct it with a crawford catback :D Overkill all thej way.

06STI360

+1 to weight loss. I wan't to take my spare tire out of the trunk and replace it with a quick inflation kit like in the camaros lol. My dad says that it might help me out when I get a blow out, but that isn't true since I cant use my spare tires while my other rims are about 1inch bigger with taller wheels.

I'm also dealing with an exhaust leak at the mid pipe section. I guess I'm going to correct it with a crawford catback :D Overkill all thej way.

Spare tires are for sissies! Subaru gave me roadside assistance for a reason. Crawford catback = loud!!

In other news, my exhaust leak is officially fixed!! Made sure I torqued all the bolts down to 26 ft lbs so we wouldn't have this problem again.

Bluedemon_II

Spare tires are for sissies! Subaru gave me roadside assistance for a reason. Crawford catback = loud!!

In other news, my exhaust leak is officially fixed!! Made sure I torqued all the bolts down to 26 ft lbs so we wouldn't have this problem again.

Is't really loud? What exhaust is moderately quiet and not fugly? I don't want a greddy sp2... its kinda meh to me.