First AWD ive bought, Hello from St. Louis, MO

tmdz99

Hello everyone,

Im Trevor, I am from Saint Louis, Missouri. I have been gawking and silently stalking the STi ever since I got into the "car scene". I started and still currently driving a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon GT. Yeah I know what you think...its a hyundai. But in all reality it was a great first car and yes I ran the shit out of that car, but it still running with 117,000 miles and I bought it with 3 miles on it.
1025621_2233318954503_1442436709_o.jpg

Anyway before I yab on about the tiburon, I finally saved enough to be able to afford a down payment and monthly payments. So last week I put my security deposit for an ordered STi. Yes, its going to take a couple months but I can still save until that time comes.

I went with the base model STi in WR Blue, with all season floor mats. I know its really base but I didnt need to go crazy with accessories.

How many guys are in the midwest?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to family. You'll love your STi when it comes in.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome! Man what a world of difference that is going to be when you get the ride!!!

ZachTTLM

Welcome to the group! This will be a huge improvement over the Tib., base doesnt mean simple means you don't need the other jazz for your taste and when it comes time you can mod it to make it your own easier because you saved yourself a couple extra bucks..

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
^ plus base 15 sti is a huge improvement over previous years! :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Subaru! If you haven't driven it yet, I think it would be a good idea to go down to your local dealer and see if they'll let you test drive one. Heck, I'm not even buying one and I might be doing that when my local Subaru dealership gets on in. Lol. This is one of the best, friendliest, and most welcoming communities on the net, and I think you'll find that to be true! Browse around the forum, don't be afraid to chime in when you have a question, and be sure to keep us updated on when you're getting it!

tmdz99

Congrats. You'll love the 2015. Have you driven one yet?

The local dealership said once they have one come in that isn't already sold they'd let me drive it. I have been in the older STis but haven't driven the '15 yet. But I already knew I wanted this car. I just cant wait!

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Subaru! If you haven't driven it yet, I think it would be a good idea to go down to your local dealer and see if they'll let you test drive one. Heck, I'm not even buying one and I might be doing that when my local Subaru dealership gets on in. Lol. This is one of the best, friendliest, and most welcoming communities on the net, and I think you'll find that to be true! Browse around the forum, don't be afraid to chime in when you have a question, and be sure to keep us updated on when you're getting it!

Thank you Western, I'm excited to be in a new community other than my old family over at Newtiburon.com.

I will definitely update everyone on arrival date. Hopefully less than 3 months. Til then time to keep saving and keep my mod fever to a minimum until the car arrives :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Oh, and when you finally do get it, make sure to WAVE at other WRX/STi/BRZ/Subaru owners! It's just a thing we do. On the subject of mod fever, I had it(and still have it, but the most important thing is to get used to the car's power first and foremost. I came from a competing vehicle of yours...the 97-01 Honda Prelude, and man what a difference every aspect of driving is!

zax

The local dealership said once they have one come in that isn't already sold they'd let me drive it. I have been in the older STis but haven't driven the '15 yet. But I already knew I wanted this car. I just cant wait!

The car corners closer to an Evo than an older STi :)

tmdz99

Oh, and when you finally do get it, make sure to WAVE at other WRX/STi/BRZ/Subaru owners! It's just a thing we do. On the subject of mod fever, I had it(and still have it, but the most important thing is to get used to the car's power first and foremost. I came from a competing vehicle of yours...the 97-01 Honda Prelude, and man what a difference every aspect of driving is!

The tib will be my daily as I'm going back to school for another engineering degree. 150bhp is a lot different than 305 lol.

tmdz99

Update: 8/18/2015- My STi is being built this week, finally have date Sept. 10th! I had to put down the phone and yell a little bit in excitement! Its finally coming! (insert thats what she said comment here).

:tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
From this moment until the day you get the car, it will feel like an eternity! :tard:

Congrats on the date! :tup: you dont have to wait toooooo long!

05wrb

hello and welcome.. I too am in STL.... how about them riots... norf co is a war zone.. Anyway, this is by far the best online Subaru community. keep us posted with the subie!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Update: 8/18/2015- My STi is being built this week, finally have date Sept. 10th! I had to put down the phone and yell a little bit in excitement! Its finally coming! (insert thats what she said comment here).

:tard:

So.... What's the details of the build?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well? What do you think?