First subaru? :)

370zzz123

So im currently thinking of getting a wrx or sti at the moment. I have a 2012 370z with some simple add-ons however it isn't very practical for where i live. I was curious what years are the best for the wrx and sti as well as the quickest ones. Working with approx 28k. Thanks ahead of time!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Agree with batmobile, gd chassis is great looking.

The newer the year, the more features they keep adding. Like the si drive, hill assist, yada yada. Will this car be your daily driver?

370zzz123

Thanks, thats what years im contemplating but its hard to find one with either decent miles or not modded crazy

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I like em all! I would go for the STi straight away if you are buying used and try to find something completely stock or close to it. The 08's and above are better balanced and handle a bit better and are better suited for daily use, but the tune leaves much to be desired. If you do get something 08 and above just have it tuned properly and you can't go wrong. In the GD series the 07 has great gearing and all the perks of an 06, but the tune is crap. Some will say that the 04 is the most hard core because it has the least amenities and is closest to the rally race car of the time and has the best tune and least internal engine problems of them all. I am partial to the 06 because it has the best mix of features in the GD series in that it has beefier suspension, better looks (IMO) with the fender flares and the hawk eye front nose, and it has a good factory tune.

Oh and welcome!:tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
First and foremost, WELCOME!

Secondly, pics of the 370!!!!

28k lets you play around a lot. You have a lot of options to choose from at that budget! :tup:

Im assuming you want some comfort and luxury since youre coming from a 370. Perhaps im wrong. So let us know what you want from the car and we can guide on the right path!

Which body style do you like the look of most?

I too liked the 06 STi that I drove before, but also had the chance with a 11 STi as well, quite nice for daily driving. Regardless of your choice, you can't go wrong. With that kind of budget though, your fairly close getting a newer one. Newest WRX is pretty practical, gas mileage is somewhat decent so daily driving will be good. The tune on it though was greatly fixed with Cobbs Stage 1 map though, which makes it pretty darn quick for the money difference between the WRX and STi.

I wish the STi got that twin scroll turbo :p But I'm aiming for the 15 STi here in about 2 weeks for the pre order.
If you can somehow squeeze out for a newer one, at least you'll have the peace of mind knowing it wasn't abused or modded prior to the sale.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
What?! :angry: then why do you have a 2004?!

I HAD a '06 back in the day, for about a month before I got t-boned which of course completely totalled it. :(

The '04 I have now was just at the right price, right mileage, right color and right time. The rest is history.