How To: GD Fix bobble head/ bouncy stock seats

I got sick and tired of bouncing all over the place in my car while driving. It ruins the driving experience IMO.

You will need the following:

-1/2" square steel tube (3ft)
-1 3/4" long screws that are thin enough to fit through a drilled in the tube (x4)
-locking washers that fit the screws (x4)
-A big bag of zip ties

Steps:

1.) remove the driver side rear seat by taking out all 4 bolts (the rear 2 are covered by plastic trim, just pull it off)

2.) undo the multiple wire connections under the seat. They are a bitch and I should have taken pictures to assist in explaining how to remove them... but I didn't. Use pliers and a small flat head.

3.) Pull the seat out. It helps to have a friend in the passenger seat to guide it out... I didnt and ended up scratching the hell out of the B pillar and bottom door seal trim with the seat rails :( (I plan on buying new ones now). You could also put duct tap on the sharp edges for a bit more protection.

4.) Make this:

83e18b65.jpg

I'll ad more details when I have time. Until then hopefully the pic explains enough. :D

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I totally missed this thread. I have a big issue with bobble head and can use this mod.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I missed it to. I was waiting for it and look Holy found it. Nice. I'm gonna use this mod for autocross.