Footwell lighting

I got a hold of the subaru accessory footwell LED light kit at a raffle for a 09-12 Impreza. I have an 06.
I figured why not see if i can make it fit and work. After putting it in I was right, It is real close to fitting the same.

I mounted leds with their brackets to the passenger and driver side footwells with a small amount of modification on the driver side one. So far everything mounted fine.
I layed out the harness through the dahsboard and hooked up both lamps.
I then connected power from pin 5 on the Body Integrated Unit (BIU) and I grounded negative to the body behind the driver side kickplate.

PROBLEM:
When the doors are closed the lights are on, when I open the doors the lights go off.

I disconnected and reversed the wires. No illumination at all, as an LED should if wired backwards.

Next I unhooked from the BIU and tapped witha quick connect into the driver side door pin harness. Again same thing, lights on when door closed and off when door open.
Any ideas where I goofed this up?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, it sounds like you did eveything right, but pin 5 on the BIU isnt what you need, or changed between GD and GR or something.

I'm NOT a good electrician, but arent there relays that would work to essentially reverse your signal?