GD George's cars (Retired)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow! Seems like trips to new york might need to be made more often for this upcoming year. :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Finally a measure of good news in my life for a change.

For some time I have been helping out at my friends shop and doing tuning for him and his business, Often for little to no money but to mostly hone my skills across multiple platforms. Well turns out that they will be expanding the business and relocating to a larger facility and getting more resources. One of those resources is a dyno. They approached me and suggested they employ me as a permanent tuner.

Essentially, No more street tunes for me except the occasional drivability calibration. They hope to move into the new facility by May and we will see then what really happens but these guys are known to act on every word so I am not worried. Having proven myself to them time and time again was the reason for their confidence in me. This couldn't come at a better time because my Turbo build is being scheduled for July-ish, and access to a dyno would be the tits.

I'm hoping this takes off for them but I don't have much doubt that it will. They are in the business now for over 30 years and they combine both old school and new school trains of thought. I just think it would be awesome to hang my hat somewhere and be associated with an actual shop.

Holy that is awesome! I wanna come work with you now. :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That would be sweet but let me start working first :lol:

Not even sure if this is going to happen by the time frame we want because the town is giving them some shit. They may need to find an alternative location.

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That would be sweet but let me start working first :lol:

Not even sure if this is going to happen by the time frame we want because the town is giving them some shit. They may need to find and alternative location.

I hope it all works out. :)

Bang876

Wow congrats man and good luck!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Absolutely... I tell you I learn something new everyday. It's not always what I want to hear because I am so stuck on a process or theory that I can't be wrong, but turns out I'm not so smart as I think I am.

As long as I understand that and am willing to hear what other are telling me, I think I will be okay. Still in the same breath there are methods and theories that I am not willing to let go because deep down in my sole I know the reasons for why I use them. I would like to think I have had some kind of positive influence in the tuning community and I hope to continue that trend. I know I'm not the best as an individual. But... put me in a room with just a few other key people and we would be unstoppable. I have always considered you one of those people.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So after many hours of careful consideration and on the recommendation of my 240 builder, I settled on the Turbonetics GTK450 for my choice of turbo. Mostly because of my personal experience with them in past tuning sessions and seeing how well they last in real world and daily driving conditions. I am familiar with the way they flow and perform and it is ideal for my application. Very quick spool, tremendous mid and lower top end and very good upper top end. Coupled with the right cams and head work and the turbo is capable of flow right to 8500 rpm and can produce as much as 500 hp. In a typical application they are easily capable of between 400 to 450 hp. My aspirations are not quit that ambitious though, but it gives me what I need now with good results and then room to grow. The other nice thing about the GTK series turbo is they are fully ball bearing and balanced units with coated hot and cold sides and are fully ported and have a nice finish to them. all for under $1250.

But alas and as my luck would have it, They just stopped making them. This is where Jeremy from Street Masters stepped in and conveyed my concerns to Turbonetics. He was able to broker a deal with them to construct me a custom turbo that would flow the same as the GTK only the new design would have quicker spool with the addition of a billet wheel. I looked at similar turbos and the prices range from $1800 to $2500

Turbonetics did all that for me and at no extra charge. Plus I still get their amazing warranty. 1 year - no holds barred - unlimited warranty including parts and labor and two years limited.

CIMG0002.JPG

CIMG0004.JPG

CIMG0005.JPG

CIMG0006.JPG

CIMG0007.JPG

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm READY!

Now starts the fabrication... Down pipe and Intercooler Piping. I'm stoked! Now I just have to convince my fabricator to do it all with in a week :tard:

CIMG0074.JPG

CIMG0077.JPG

CIMG0075.JPG

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dude that is a lot of pipe. :rofl:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Time for me to learn

1) what's the boxy thing in the upper left of the second pic?
2) what's the PVC-looking thing in the middle of far right of the second pic?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes! But it's been known for a while now so you don't get a prize! :lol: