GD George's cars (Retired)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh wow. Will you be taking pics of every step on this one? There is a lot to learn for us newbies with this!!!!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah thats a good idea. I will do my brest

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That looks just like you!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I demand updates this instant at 4:29 in the morning! :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well I have been working diligently to prepare the engine to receive the turbo. My builder texts me every day for me to bring the car down so he can start working. I keep telling him I don't have the total amount to pay him yet but he tells me not to worry about it. He is just anxious to get his name on it. It is going to be a kind of show piece for the new shop.

There are other things that I want to iron out before I bring it down like install and tune my new injectors. I already did the wire/vacumm tuck on the manifold and got rid of the EGR system, I installed the water cooling lines and I installed the EBCS and a bunch of other stuff.

To add to my dilemma, AEM just released the new V2 firmware for the series 2 EMS... Big deal you say? Yes because it fixes allot of problems that I am experiencing but more than that it is now fully flex fuel capable. All I have to do is install a ethanol content sensor and set up the tune for ethanol blending. Of course I have to play around with this new firmware before I go installing turbos but I think I can make quick work of it.

Here is what it looks like today.

20130706_133811.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well I have been working diligently to prepare the engine to receive the turbo. My builder texts me every day for me to bring the car down so he can start working. I keep telling him I don't have the total amount to pay him yet but he tells me not to worry about it. He is just anxious to get his name on it. It is going to be a kind of show piece for the new shop.

There are other things that I want to iron out before I bring it down like install and tune my new injectors. I already did the wire/vacumm tuck on the manifold and got rid of the EGR system, I installed the water cooling lines and I installed the EBCS and a bunch of other stuff.

To add to my dilemma, AEM just released the new V2 firmware for the series 2 EMS... Big deal you say? Yes because it fixes allot of problems that I am experiencing but more than that it is now fully flex fuel capable. All I have to do is install a ethanol content sensor and set up the tune for ethanol blending. Of course I have to play around with this new firmware before I go installing turbos but I think I can make quick work of it.

Here is what it looks like today.

View attachment 4795

tumblr_m7fb4mpNz51qdop0to1_400.png

It gets better every time I see it! :p What part of the engine bay is the turbo going to be placed in?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
tumblr_m7fb4mpNz51qdop0to1_400.png

It gets better every time I see it! :p What part of the engine bay is the turbo going to be placed in?

It will be going on the driver side engine area angled toward the front left corner. mmmm can't wait.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It will be going on the driver side engine area angled toward the front left corner. mmmm can't wait.

Ok i see now. Where your air filter is currently located. How much psi should you be pushing once its all said and done?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ok i see now. Where your air filter is currently located. How much psi should you be pushing once its all said and done?

I'm thinking baby steps... Maybe 13psi. Much more than that on a stock block is asking for it. Though it is on the low side of the turbo's efficiency range, I should be able to compensate with some strategic tuning but I am not expecting miracles at first. The good stuff comes after I build the motor. Then I can run up to 35psi of boost.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm actually more excited now about the V2 firmware and the flexfuelability of this thing now. Holy crap did they stuff this magic box with more features

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm actually more excited now about the V2 firmware and the flexfuelability of this thing now. Holy crap did they stuff this magic box with more features

Post a link or picture so i can see what it looks like and what features it has!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Post a link or picture so i can see what it looks like and what features it has!

Here is a video of some of the new features. Other awesome features they added are related to Engine Safety. Essentially there is more safety built into this version that it is almost fool proof. Parameters like Lean limit versus load, Oil pressure failsafe, fuel pressure failsafe and per cylinder knock control. AEM went way above for the community on this one.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Here is a video of some of the new features. Other awesome features they added are related to Engine Safety. Essentially there is more safety built into this version that it is almost fool proof. Parameters like Lean limit versus load, Oil pressure failsafe, fuel pressure failsafe and per cylinder knock control. AEM went way above for the community on this one.

Wow. How much does that sell for?