GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Agreed but this is the special event. This is the night when we get the place to ourselves and the chef caters us a 5-7 course meal.
The chef is a friend of ours ;)

Oh crap your lucky! That is definitely the right person to know. I think during the zombie apocalypse, I would want to recruit into my bunker a farmer, a soldier, a mechanic, a doctor and a sushi chef :lol:

Alter3go

I finished my little arduino project. I needed a way to determine if water is flowing through my AWIC so I found some code to make a little flow meter. It works great and it uses a $5.00 flow sensor. Pretty cool! My next project is going to be a combination gauge that will display boost, AFR, oil press, fuel press, and data log everything including 4 channel EGT.

But for now i will settle for the flowmeter...
View attachment 4938

You're a liquor and sardines type of guy I see!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Jdm! Thats jdm liquor!!! :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Oh crap your lucky! That is definitely the right person to know. I think during the zombie apocalypse, I would want to recruit into my bunker a farmer, a soldier, a mechanic, a doctor and a sushi chef :lol:

Tonight's the night! Sushi, sushi and more sushi.

I finished my little arduino project. I needed a way to determine if water is flowing through my AWIC so I found some code to make a little flow meter. It works great and it uses a $5.00 flow sensor. Pretty cool! My next project is going to be a combination gauge that will display boost, AFR, oil press, fuel press, and data log everything including 4 channel EGT.

But for now i will settle for the flowmeter...
View attachment 4938

Glad to see others using the power of the arduino. I made a Bluetooth light switch for a design project in school. Seriously couldn't have been more than 10 lines of code.

I have been following a thread on romraider about a multi gauge as well. Seems really promising.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Glad to see others using the power of the arduino. I made a Bluetooth light switch for a design project in school. Seriously couldn't have been more than 10 lines of code.

I have been following a thread on romraider about a multi gauge as well. Seems really promising.

I love Arduino! I've been making controllers for everything. :D Every time my friend has some outlandish idea or a need to control something, the first thing out of my mouth is "ARDUINO". We are resurrecting his Iron Man suit.

I'm currently making a IC Fan controller for [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION].

Can you post the link to the RR thread? I would be really interested to see the progress. I also have a link to my boost gauge project here... http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?6658-Boost-Gauge-Check-this-out!. I posted the code and other supporting info.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Tonight's the night! Sushi, sushi and more sushi.

Oh Yum! I need to curb how much I eat sushi though. I'm in danger of over-doing it and getting sick of it.:lol: I saw the spread in your other thread. It looked amazing and I'm sure it tasted even better.

I love Arduino! I've been making controllers for everything. :D Every time my friend has some outlandish idea or a need to control something, the first thing out of my mouth is "ARDUINO". We are resurrecting his Iron Man suit.

I'm currently making a IC Fan controller for @Alin.

Can you post the link to the RR thread? I would be really interested to see the progress. I also have a link to my boost gauge project here... http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?6658-Boost-Gauge-Check-this-out!. I posted the code and other supporting info.

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10122&hilit=arduino

From what I gathered I think he is communicating with the ecu and just displaying the parameters like RomRaider Logger. Very interesting concept. I would like to integrate some form of communication between my Tactrix2.0 and arduino in order to make some display on my nav screen.

Your boost gauge project is awesome!! Very impressive.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10122&hilit=arduino

From what I gathered I think he is communicating with the ecu and just displaying the parameters like RomRaider Logger. Very interesting concept. I would like to integrate some form of communication between my Tactrix2.0 and arduino in order to make some display on my nav screen.

Your boost gauge project is awesome!! Very impressive.

Thank you! I'm an amateur really... and a geek!

That thing is pretty impressive as well. I was thinking of having my boost gauge to connect to the ECU and retrieve data for the purpose of making a boost controller and nitrous controller. I'm planning on doing that but it is quite a ways down the road. :tup:

zax

It's good to see another self-tuner around here! If you're open to the idea, I'd love to have a look at your map :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It's good to see another self-tuner around here! If you're open to the idea, I'd love to have a look at your map :)

I can share what ever maps I have with you. :tup: I love to discuss tuning with other like mind individuals. It allows us to learn from each other.

The only maps I do not have are the ones for this car. I sold it and my last computer that had the maps on it took a shit. I have so many others though and some of them are very different from each other based on environment, user goal, specific mods and any number of other variables. I don't have any one style of tuning. I tune to a goal primarily. I have speed density maps, E85 maps, hybrid SD/MAF blended maps... choose your poison.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Started making progress on the turbo build. We started mocking up the assembly on a old S14 shell. Ray started fabbing the down pipe with custom bends. He is using pie cuts to achieve this... So cool!

20140606_164426.jpg20140606_164450.jpg20140606_164403.jpg20140606_164441.jpg20140606_173115.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow that is awesome!!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
To support my up and coming turbo build, I am making a display that will show what my AWIC setup is actually doing and whether it is working as expected. I needed something to monitor and measure the flow of water through the heat exchanger at the very least, but you know me... I can't leave well enough alone and I have to take it to a whole other level.

The gauge I am making will measure the flow of water but then calculate the thermal energy transfer through the heat exchanger acting as an energy meter. With the flip of a switch it will change the display and monitor the efficiency of the intercooler itself by comparing temperature in, temperature out and ambient, and then derive a percent of efficiency.

I figure this will be enough to verify the validity of having an AWIC setup. The calculations are fairly simple and using my knowledge gained working for Siemens for 28 years designing flowmeters, I should have no problem with this.

Here is what I have so far. A working bench test...

Don't worry... this will not hinder the boost gauge projects I have planed either so they will be made as promised :tup:

20140609_194326.jpg

Last edited: