GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hehe.... yeah I do it all myself. Mostly to get the experience and learn. It is my 6 year long experiment. It is my aspiration to tune on a professional level but I do have a ways to go before I am to that level. I'm hoping to get myself into a professional class soon just so I have the credentials to back up my mouth LOL. I am confident to say I know enough to derive a reliable tune but I just need a piece of paper to say that.

I have tuned others cars both in person on the street and over the internet but I limit my self to my car because I don't like making mistakes on anyone else's cars. I am pretty thorough and as a result my e-tunes tend take a long time to derive.

Just to show you how anal I am and the process I use, check out TD_D's thread. I decided to help him out to this extent mostly because he was having real problems and no one he could turn to locally. I can really only do this stuff for one person at a time. It takes allot out of my already busy schedule. If you want me to take a look at your car I would be happy to run through a live street tune with you but you would have to come out to me.

Another note, I tune everything on the conservative side or the safe side of aggressive. I will not push a tune beyond recommended safe levels.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Turbo Time!

Just received this from Apex. only $1345.99, free shipping! :tup:

Highlights:
-60lbs compressor
-3" inlet
-8cm^2 hot side
-ported and polished exhaust
-polished outlet
-billet waste gate
-gaskets and hardware included

CIMG0616.JPG

CIMG0618.JPG

CIMG0617.JPG

CIMG0619.JPG

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I know. I'm considering lubing up the outlet and having sex with it. :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy Holy Holy, very nice! I'm telling you! You have a problem, lol. I'm gonna also set up Holy's Performance Tuning Garage!

jswansti

That's not a bad idea! Hes helping me sort out the crazy shit thats happening with my car, whether it be user error or tuner error haha.

jswansti

Yeah, but im at work so i havent been able to upload it to my computer to send to you yet. Its priority #1 when I get home! The car seemed to run smoother for what its worth, but the data will tell if thats just my high hopes.

Edit: I work at a small town bank, => lots of down time to prowl the forums!

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah I make time during the day to troll the forum. They have no clue!

It's funny because I tell them it take me X amount of time to do something but about 85% of that time is spent on the forums :D

jswansti

Yeah I make time during the day to troll the forum. They have no clue!

It's funny because I tell them it take me X amount of time to do something but about 85% of that time is spent on the forums :D

:lol: Nice! Yeah, I used to try and hide it from the coworkers but now I just dont even care.THe only time i minimize or close the screen is when the branch President strolls around. He doesnt really care that much, I just feel like I should.

jswansti

Emailed you the log! It doesnt look quite as bad as the last one did, not a near constant -25% MAF correction haha.

George,

After waiting over a month for my wideband to pc cable to get in... it doesn't work. :(

I ordered one from Hong Kong that lookes just like the one PLX sells but was $70 less.... I guess thats what I get for being cheap. I placed an order for the PLX one and it should be here monday. Then I can FINALLY start taking some real datalogs. :D

How's your car doing?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
George,

After waiting over a month for my wideband to pc cable to get in... it doesn't work. :(

I ordered one from Hong Kong that lookes just like the one PLX sells but was $70 less.... I guess thats what I get for being cheap. I placed an order for the PLX one and it should be here monday. Then I can FINALLY start taking some real datalogs. :D

How's your car doing?

You have no idea how much money I have wasted in the past buying stuff that I thought to be a good deal. It's a crap shoot and sometimes you win, most of the time you don't. But will I learn? NO!!! :rofl:

Car is doing great! Last event was when I thought the turbo blew but it is fine. Turned out to be clogged catch can. The clog prevented the blow-by from flowing and instead blew threw the turbo oil return line. Once I removed the clog everything went back to normal. See? Cheap Ebay shit!

So I went and bought a new turbo anyway :lol:. I get so use to the power it makes that I'm always looking for more. The problem with that illness is I never move on to other more important mods such as suspension.

Now that I know my personal issues I can correct them and move on (that is until after my 5th engine build :rofl:).

jswansti

Thanks a million for the help George! Glad to hear your car is doing well, looking forward to seeing what that new turbo does.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thanks a million for the help George! Glad to hear your car is doing well, looking forward to seeing what that new turbo does.

Always glad to help when I can.

Glad you got the turbo safe and sound, George! :tup:

I'd like to have you lecture some guys here in ND about cheap Ebay parts. And they don't learn from mistakes either!

Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? I'm one of them! :lol: