Girl driven in Edmonton, AB. :D

Blurple

Hello guys and gals!

I figured I'd check out these forums as my current lurking spot is getting a little bit dramatic! I have always had a great love for vehicles, the way the look, sound and go fast. Don't laugh - my first car was a 1989 Mustang (not the 5L :|) It was nothing special except for the fact that I spent the entire summer off from school replacing the rusted body parts, sanding it down, and painting it. I loved that car! From there on it went down hill, a family member totalled my Mustang, so I was driving a sweet Chevy Venture. When I was finally in a good enough spot to finance a car, I bought a KIA Soul. At about 50, 000KM I had enough of the KIA and walked into a Subaru Dealership...

What happened that day was magic. I bought my first AWD, first Subaru, first manual transmission and of course, first performance car. I haven't looked back once... except shortly after I bought my car I decided that I could sell them. :p

I'm kinda clueless when it comes to mechanics, so I hope to gain some insight on "what to do next" with the car. I definitely have exhaust and a larger turbo in mind, but we'll see how everything pans out.

Enough about me though, here's the car!

2013 Subaru STi in Plasma Blue (Blurple). No engine modifications.

- Pink hella horns
- Pink vinyl "trim"/"accents"
- Pink Breast Cancer Rally Armor Mudflaps
- Pink interior lights, because Race Car.
- Upgraded stock headlights so I can actually see at night (no, I didn't put HID's in the Halogen projectors)
- Kenwood Navi/Headunit
- Swapped out Red "STI badges" for the 2004 Pink ones.

That's it so far... I think...

Annnnd... pics! I don't have any pics since I installed the mudflaps and horns and badges (last month), but these will have to do!

1zg5eeu.png

I've got... a sense of humour? ... hah.

i5dduf.png

o6y821.png

His & Hers! (well... hers and his...)

ie2s11.png

s476rl.png

in8h81.png

Purplish lights... useless for anything other than being purple.

Anyways, that's me and my car! I look forward to lurking and learning. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. Glad you could join us. Love the pics. ;)

What site is dramatic? You won't ever see that here.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!

So "hers" is an STi and "his" is a WRX. Thats a first!!! :lol:

:tup:

Cant go wrong with cherry blossom red!

Robb

Very cool welcome and that must have been quite a change from a Kia Soul to an STI! I cant even imagine how different the two are!

Blurple

Thanks for the welcome! I got pretty busy over the weekend...

Anyways, I suppose I should rephrase. My regular lurking spot has just gotten pretty negative over the last little while. At the end of the day, I wanna go to a forum and talk/meet with people that share similar interests without negativity. I work with these cars every day and I love them.

As for the "His" WRX and "Her" STi... well.. you see... he bought his first and I (at the time) couldn't drive stick. Before we traded his Kia Forte in, he taught me the fundamentals and once we got the WRX and I drove it for a while... I had to have my own. I also didn't want to feel like "Ah.. I got a WRX but I wish I would have bought an STi!". Needless to say, I don't regret it at all and it makes it a little bit more fun to drive his WRX when we aren't driving my car everywhere. ;)

It was quite a change from the Kia soul. The Kia was a lot like driving a riding lawn mower! But yeah... it was quite the change!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You nailed that quote right on the head. So many people regret not getting an sti over a wrx. However everyones financial situation is different.

Glad you switched over a great car and an even better culture and community to back it up! :tup:

Blurple

You nailed that quote right on the head. So many people regret not getting an sti over a wrx. However everyones financial situation is different.

Glad you switched over a great car and an even better culture and community to back it up! :tup:

It might be silly, but the community was probably one of the selling points for me. It's great to have a group of people that love and share the same passions as you - not to mention people that have experience to share with these cars.

Hubby regrets not getting an STi some days... but he has mine if he wants to play around. :)

Thanks for the welcome! I got pretty busy over the weekend...

Anyways, I suppose I should rephrase. My regular lurking spot has just gotten pretty negative over the last little while. At the end of the day, I wanna go to a forum and talk/meet with people that share similar interests without negativity. I work with these cars every day and I love them.

As for the "His" WRX and "Her" STi... well.. you see... he bought his first and I (at the time) couldn't drive stick. Before we traded his Kia Forte in, he taught me the fundamentals and once we got the WRX and I drove it for a while... I had to have my own. I also didn't want to feel like "Ah.. I got a WRX but I wish I would have bought an STi!". Needless to say, I don't regret it at all and it makes it a little bit more fun to drive his WRX when we aren't driving my car everywhere. ;)

It was quite a change from the Kia soul. The Kia was a lot like driving a riding lawn mower! But yeah... it was quite the change!

Not trying to bring the negativity here, but KIA is garbage, good choice! lol i worked there for a short time thankfully and all of the cars i drove were just not put together with care, they came off the truck brand new trashed and already had issues electronically, or visually, and thankfully you got a SUBARU! good stuff on that! Welcome to the team! :luvawd:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm kinda clueless when it comes to mechanics, so I hope to gain some insight on "what to do next" with the car. I definitely have exhaust and a larger turbo in mind, but we'll see how everything pans out.

What are your goals? We can steer you in the right direction, but knowing what you want out of the car is important. Without knowing that, here are some ideas:

Wheels/tires (looks/performance)
Tune (AP or Open Source)
Swaybars (handling. cheapest handling mod and makes a world of difference)
Downpipe (cheapest performance mod there is....except for requiring a tune)
Gauges (helps monitor engine health and also for looks for some)
etc....

Blurple

Not trying to bring the negativity here, but KIA is garbage, good choice! lol i worked there for a short time thankfully and all of the cars i drove were just not put together with care, they came off the truck brand new trashed and already had issues electronically, or visually, and thankfully you got a SUBARU! good stuff on that! Welcome to the team! :luvawd:

Right off the lot, we had to replace the brake sensors every 3 months. It got to the point of where we knew the service guys by name "Yup, Joel, it's me. Booking the soul in for it's 3 month sensor replacement!" haha. We went through two ECU's in a matter of 50,000km. ;/ Haven't had a problem with my subie! So happy with it.

Blurple

I think I've got the "looks" pretty much where I want it. I was thinking about perhaps having someone paint/powdercoat the stock rims to a nice pretty black. I *was* thinking pink, but I don't want to overwhelm the car with pink. So, black it will be. I'll probably run the stock tires for another summer or two.

Swaybars! I've been thinking about this. I don't understand the purpose or where they are located in the vehicle.

I think I'd definitely like more low-end torque. The HP is okay for me... for now.. being a little gal anything more and I wouldn't be able to drive it in the winter ;P

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
See that big bar? The sway bars purpose in life is to try to keep the car's body from "rolling" in a sharp turn.

Boy do they make a huge difference. :tup:

attachment.php

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Stage 1 or 2 for power. Stage one being the cheaper but a bit less power than stage 2.
Stage one is a simple ECU reflash.
Stage two is a downpipe and ECU reflash.

Those two will increase torque.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You can use plasti-dip on the wheels and if you dont like the pink, you can peel it off and change it.

Swaybars link the left and right side suspension. If you go around a corner, the left side will dip, and the right side will raise up. The swaybar helps to counter that by twisting (specifically, resisting the twist). Bigger swaybars provide a bigger resistance to that twist and help the car stay flatter.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Sway bars can make a BIG difference in handling and for the price, seem to be one of the most cost effective modifications.
To each their own, but I prefer adjustable sway bars, so you can tune the handling a bit. Look at aftermarket endlinks and sway
bar mounts as well. The factory units can be a little weak.

Right off the lot, we had to replace the brake sensors every 3 months. It got to the point of where we knew the service guys by name "Yup, Joel, it's me. Booking the soul in for it's 3 month sensor replacement!" haha. We went through two ECU's in a matter of 50,000km. ;/ Haven't had a problem with my subie! So happy with it.

HAHAHA thats hilarious. Doesnt change in NY, KIA customers are regulars, and they all seemed to have electrical issues/batterys exploding on 2014's/souls came back for a number of recalls/motors and transmissions popped all the time. Literally this one 2014 Sorento only had HALF the lights on the car, think of it this way..if you stood in front of the car literally the drivers side lights were out, and when u hopped in the drivers seat, half the lights were only on the passengers side, too funny. :rofl:

Obviously you dont have a problem with your scoob, their bullet proof! (not literally) Any scoob will last forever, depends how you take care of it, and adding power mods decreases the longevity, unless your smart about it. Mine has its minor issues, but I am very far from stock, so its not known to have not a single issue with your "racecar"..lol you can say i wasnt smart about it but id laugh in your face. id rather have a "racecar":lol: wtf is a warranty anyways?
LOL

http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?3914-My-2011-STi-(wtf-is-a-warranty-)-journal