GV- "Sammie the Subie" 2013 STi in WRB

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Greetings!
This is Sammie, my first Subie. She's a 2013 WRX STi in World Rally Blue. I got her in Candler, AZ in October and drove her back to Atlanta. Since then, I've gone on quite a few more road trips with her, and she now has about 5800 Miles on her clock.

First, here are my MANY pictures.

Exterior:
Matte Black Headlight Surrounds
Headlight Amber Delete
TSX-r Clear Lenses
DeBadged Rear Trunk
Perrin Super Shorty Antenna

Interior:
SPT Short Shifter Kit
Blox Titanium Shift Knob

Engine:
SPT Axle-Back Exhaust
Intake Silencer Delete

Suspension/Brakes/Chassis
StopTech Front Stainless Steel Brake Lines
StopTech Rear Stainless Steel Brake Lines
StopTech Front Brake Pads
Motul Brake Fluid

Wheels and Tires:
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2 245/40R18 93W
Subaru Base STi 18x8.5 Split-Spoke Alloy Wheels

Dyno'd Power Numbers:

237 Wheel Horsepower/ 290 lbs-ft of Torque.

Planned Mods:
-Boost Gauge
-Center Console Extension
-Front Lip or ARC Front Splitter
-Side Skirts
-Vortex Generator
-Rear Diffuser
-Subtle Exterior Touches
-Sway Bars Front and Rear
-Antilift Kit
-Endlinks front and rear
-Strut Tower Bars, front and rear.
-Cobb AP v.3...or v.10 by the time I get it. :lol:
-Much, much, much more!!!

Inspiration:
Tardis,aka Kelly's 2011 STi

I'll add more pictures and Mod plans as I take them and come up with them

Thanks for checking her out!

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Welcome. Love the pics in the covered bridge.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What he said! ^^^^^^^^

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Sway bars and end links are always a good first step.
Stage 2 is another but it does void the warranty.... sigh

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Funny enough, I was just reading up on the Stage 1, Stage 2, etc details. Sway bar and end links are definitely something I'm looking at. Any preferred brands?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Funny enough, I was just reading up on the Stage 1, Stage 2, etc details. Sway bar and end links are definitely something I'm looking at. Any preferred brands?

Also adding to his question for my knowledge:

Does branding really matter with sway bars? I mean its a bar regardless if its perrin, whiteline, cusco, ect.

End links are a different story. :lol:

I dont think it matters. I would suggest adjustable. I noticed that having the rear sway on the stiffest setting my rear tires would break loose very quickly and actually gave me slower corner exit speed than the middle setting, which I feel made the car very balanced. But the setting could have been different if I had a set of track tires instead of the stock dunlops. Size of bar also depends on what kind of springs you have. The stiffer the springs then the less stiff the sways need to be. But if the springs are like Cobb lowering springs then I would go as large as possible in the front. Go solid bar instead of hollow. Just my two cents.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Branding doesn't matter.... period. Its a hunk of low tech metal underneath the car and probably costs the manufacturer $30 or less to make. Maybe some brands fit a bit better but who knows.
Hollow vs. solid. Well, the hollow does reduce weight. The solid may well be stiffer in smaller sizes but that is just here-say as far I have seen.... without data.
As Boggieman pointed out, if your bar is adjustable, you can play with how the car handles. For most DD guys, the adjustability or even the size of the bars (front vs. rear) may not be a huge deal. But if you track the car, this can be a very easy and abrupt change in the vehicles handling characteristics.
Endlinks are about the same. Spherical vs. solid vs. logging chains. Spherical may be a bit more forgiving giving the the suspension a bit more compliance before taught and the solid being a firm hold throughout. However, solid seem to last longer under abuse and this is what I choose between the two.
Logging chains are just plain noisy... lol

Basically, find a bar with adjustability at a good price. Go with a sturdy endlink.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Thanks man.

I bought this car with only a few miles on the clock back in October. Through various road trips and just driving it all the time, it's already up to 6400 miles!! :O So, for the next week and a half before I go back to school, I'm going to be driving my family's 05 Outback. Blue. So, Georgia folks, if you see someone in an Outback wave at you, that's probably me. Lol.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Trying to decide on my next mod:
Boost gauge, OR

Fog lights ?

I want fog lights because of the massive amount of morning mountain driving I'll be doing this coming semester, but I would also at some point like to get a boost gauge. Which should be next?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Membership? Lol. Just playing.

Boost gauge!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Thanks for the input! The fog lights would be something you'd recommend, right? I believe the boost gauge is a little bit cheaper, so I probably will go with that.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes. Love the fogs, but love the boost gauge also.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I think it is GV now.

Fogs don't do much for me. They project almost no useable light.

I say boost gauge.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Really? I hadn't heard that at all. Thanks for the heads up. If it's not actually going to help me in foggy mornings in the mountains, I'll wait till after I graduate in May to purchase them.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
They project about 2 feet in front of the car. Unless they have updated them, I doubt you would see any benefit.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I was talking to Kelly aka "Tardis" and he switched over to HID bulbs for the fogs, and they work great now.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Interesting. I may have to look into that. I wasn't aware you could just change the bulbs. I thought they were sealed.