GV- "Sammie the Subie" 2013 STi in WRB

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Next, after all that on my previous post, will probably be a new shift knob, short shifter, gloss black vinyl roof overlay, fogs, and then I don't know what order I'll do things after that.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Youre gonna love a short shifter! Vinyl roof will look sick as well! I have a cf wrap on mine.

Pics when the items come in*

:lol:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Well......I feel dumb. I looked at the original window sticker of my car and realized..... I already have a short shifter! I completely forgot what I ordered on my own car. :fail:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well......I feel dumb. I looked at the original window sticker of my car and realized..... I already have a short shifter! I completely forgot what I ordered on my own car. :fail:

:rofl:

Hahahahah its ok. Wont be an issue to sell it!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I posted some pictures on Instagram of a little "shoot" that I did near sunset up in the WNC mountains. Check them out @ Instragram Name: WESTERNSTI. I suppose I'll eventually get around to putting them up here, but for now, check them out on Instagram!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Today I discovered a little noise when I was making any sort of tight left-handed turn. It wasn't very loud, and it didn't sound like anything was dying...It just made me completely turn my music down and listen to the car and the engine the rest of the time that I was driving. I'm going to do some research and see what it might be, and most importantly if it keeps happening.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Keep us posted!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I love I-285 in Atlanta. Why? Because I'm being sarcastic. This happened on the way to a WRXAtlanta Dinner meet last night.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit man.... What the hell happened?!

Suspension > new wheels all day!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Large piece of plastic, presumably off someone's car, was lying in the road. Right before I went over it, someone hit it and caused it to fly up and do all that to the front of my car

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow, I would hunt down the motherfucker that tossed it my way. What are you going to end up doing now to get it fixed?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
If I'd have seen what it came off of, I might have. The only choice I have is to get a new bumper. I got a quote at a local shop for 1000 for everything... Parts and labor.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Facepalm... Holy crap...... :tdown: :angry:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I say suspension over wheels.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Little update: Car is officially in the shop getting a new bumper put on and paint-matched. About a week ago, I was going to do my oil, but the dealership who last did my oil, Prestige Subaru in Asheville, must have put the drain bolt back on with Air tools because no matter what I tried, I could not get it off. Copper bar over ratchet, PB Blaster 3x, tapping the ratchet with a hammer a couple times, etc etc....I couldn't get it off. As soon as I get my car back, she'll go in for an alignment and oil change, and then I might be able to start thinking about Mods again! I hope.......

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wait... what?! The oil drain plug should never be that tight!!! :doh: You need to call those mofos up man. That could potentially damage the threading.... Do you have one of the longer torque wrenches, like 2 foot long?

ZackUSAF82

I feel your pain on the dealership over tightening crap, I had a helluva time getting my oil filter off when I put the Killer B oil pickup and baffle on...it was ridiculous how tight that damn thing was on! I only go because they threw them in for free but considering I always use my own oil it's really not saving me anything anyways, I think I'm just going to do my own from here on out.