GV- "Sammie the Subie" 2013 STi in WRB

WesternSTi

The Music Man
From what I understood about what Kelly told me, he said the only difficult part was finding a place to put the ballast.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I've never found fog lights to be particularly useful. Sometimes they make the car look cool, but dont add much for functionality.

Boost gauge, on the other hand, i use daily.

quality_sound

Sway bars thickness and hollow vs solid absolutely makes a difference. Dick Shine of Shine Racing has done some VERY extensive testing on this.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I didn't end up getting either of them due to some dinero restrictions. But, I would like to get one of the two and a couple of other subtle exterior mods or a suspension mod before the 2014 TOD Boxer Takeover at the end of April. So, I'll be browsing around several member's journals to look for some ideas.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
suspension mods are amazing.

I want to do bushings (harder to justify on a new car, but still "worth it"). Springs, coils, swaybars, etc.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I'm thinking about Sway bars myself to mostly get rid of the body roll. From what I've read and been told, Sway bars and a just one or two other things make handling that much better.

On another note, I love taking pictures. I wish I was a little better at it and had a better camera for it, but every time an opportunity arises I usually only have my iPhone.
Here's one from today's snow in Cullowhee, NC:

Here's a couple I took the other day:

This was a couple months ago:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sways are awesome!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wellll since you love taking pictures and i love seeing pictures. I think you should take a lot more of your car and scenery! :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Wellll since you love taking pictures and i love seeing pictures. I think you should take a lot more of your car and scenery! :tup:
Isn't it beautiful up here? This is one of the reasons I chose WCU. If I didn't have one of the coveted spots in the parking lot behind my dorm, I would venture up to the airport, a most-likely-not-salted road, and go snap some pictures of it overlooking the campus in snow. I'll go snap some pictures with my phone real quick of the Campus in snow.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is it beautiful up here? This is one of the reasons I chose WCU. If I didn't have one of the coveted spots in the parking lot behind my dorm, I would venture up to the airport, a most-likely-not-salted road, and go snap some pictures of it overlooking the campus in snow. I'll go snap some pictures with my phone real quick of the Campus in snow.

Nice than Ohio! :lol:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I meant to say isn't it?? Lol. I absolutely love it up here. The journey here from home is one of my favorite drives. However, the journey back home is my least favorite.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I meant to say isn't it?? Lol. I absolutely love it up here. The journey here from home is one of my favorite drives. However, the journey back home is my least favorite.

Yes yes it is very beautiful there. I bet it sucks going back :lol: you make it sound so depressing! Hahaha

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Frozen subie is frozen? :(

Oh man look at that field!!! What a playground!!!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
That's pretty much the center of campus. There used to be a road through there, but there isn't anymore. Plenty of serious hills to sled on though, that's for sure!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I took this past weekend to myself, and what do I do? Drive Sammie, of course! I went up highway 107 in NC all the way past Lake Glenville to Cashiers, NC, and it was quite a fun drive(aside from going 25 in 55 for bit because I was behind a truck). I snapped a couple pictures with my phone that I'll upload later today or tonight. I did, however, decide what my first mods would be:

From Premium Auto Styling:
-Gloss Black vinyl overlays for the chrome window trim
-Red vinyl overlay for rear turn signals
-Gloss black vinyl roof overlay
Other:
-Boost gauge
-Anti-Sway Bars

Grinder34

Track Monkey
sway bars, hell yeah!
Boost gauge is definitely fun to look at when driving around. Any other guages?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pics of the goodies!!! :D

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I have to get them first Alin lol. I'll be ordering the vinyl overlays for the window trim and tails very soon, and hopefully the boost gauge sometime before the Boxer Takeover of the Dragon at the end of April. I will upload a couple of quick iPhone pics I took from this past weekend's drive sometime before the end of the day today though.