GV- "Sammie the Subie" 2013 STi in WRB

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looks like SS lines are in my future then. :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
New Shift Knob!

Also, I'm looking into doing a straight trade of my stock wheels with these Gramlite reps:

What do y'all think? The tires are 225/40-18's, are the same BFGoodrich as my current tires, and have about the same amount of thread on them. So what do y'all think?? Should I do it?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whatre your stockers worth and whatre those reps worth?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
What the stocks are worth is a matter of who's asking. If I went by what Subaru charges for them, he would have to add cash on top. But to anyone else, probably not a lot. In regards to the ones I world trade for, the guy doesn't remember the exact name.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok lol. Whatre the stockers worth to you and whatre the reps worth to you?

:tup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Appear to be Rota DPT or something but who knows?
What's your point in trading? Just want something different?

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I'm just tired of looking at the stock wheels, and I want black wheels. I'm just not sure which. If I don't get these, I'll probably end up getting mine professionally painted black.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'm just tired of looking at the stock wheels, and I want black wheels. I'm just not sure which. If I don't get these, I'll probably end up getting mine professionally painted black.
[MENTION=3129]WesternSTi[/MENTION]

Buy my work xt7's

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I googled some images of the xt7's. Thanks for putting it out there, but I'm looking for a wheel with thick 5 or 6 spokes that are either black, grey, or gold. I'm really looking at the Enkei Tuning T6S' or maybe the 08-09 5 spoke STi wheels(base STi wheels for those years I think).

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Little update. I took part in an event known as TougeFest (by TougeFighter) at the Tail of the Dragon. Before I went, I changed my oil and made the switch to Rotella T6, and I couldn't be happier with it right now. I also debadged the back of the car so that only the Subaru logo and STi logo are there. It looks so much cleaner. Perhaps the biggest news is that I actually won something in a raffle as a part of TougeFest. What did I happen to win? 3 pulls on the Dyno, courtesy of QED Tuning. I'll post the sheet tonight along with pictures from the Dragon, but here are the numbers(I'm completely stock in the engine department):

HP: 235HP
TQ: 290....!!!!!!

Everyone, including the dyno guys, were pleasantly surprised that I was putting down that much torque without any mods. Anyway, I'll post pictures of the Debadged trunk and a few from the Dragon once I decide which of the 50 some odd pictures the two photographers got of my car over the course of the weekend. Lol

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Cant wait to see pics of the tail of the dragon!

Nice torque?!?!

Imagine a protune with no restriction!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow! Amazing shots!! :ty:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Thanks to Killboy.com for the shots. I would thank the man himself, but I'm not sure if he's the one doing the photography anymore as he has several assistants now. Sorry for the delay on the Dyno sheet... It will be up either this afternoon or tonight

Clean, hopefully one day I can dust off the good dslr and get back into photography. Moving to WA made me do less work lols, all my contacts were in Cali. But pictures for the forums here will be a start for me lols. Great Journal so far :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Thanks CSF! Yeah I wish I could take photos like these guys do. I take a lot of pictures myself, but they're nothing like these lol.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Got and installed a small exterior mod, a Perrin Super Shorty Antenna!

It's a small mod(pun intended), but I think it's the small things that make all the difference. Next exterior mod will be some goodies from JDMFanatic Vinyls, and then some sort of lip kit.

Side note, I tried to post Sammie in the "Rides" section(the one that has about 4-5 cars), and all of my pictures were too big :( Anyone have any tips on downsizing photos to the required 3 megs or smaller?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
How do you like the antenna? Any less radio reception? I installed a shark fin and although good, it has a tendency to fuzz out a bit in my garage or under bridges/overpasses.

Photobucket I believe reduces the pics. At least that's what I've done to get some of my larger photo's to post. Photo editing software should be able to reduce the image size. Some of my Nikon software can do this.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I haven't really noticed any difference, personally. Then again, I don't listen to the radio a whole lot. Lol

Next mod is here!