GV- "Sammie the Subie" 2013 STi in WRB

WesternSTi

The Music Man
HUGE UPDATE here. This past weekend, I spent everyday working on my car installing some mods and doing some maintenance. First up was: Friday, I changed my oil for another round of Rotella T6. Then, with the help of a friend who had a drill, I installed my Front lip that was shown in the above post.

Saturday: After Work, I went over to my friends at TougeFighter who had already hooked me up with a great deal on: Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Front Sways and Whiteline 22mm Adjustable Sway Bar, along with a set of Hella Supertones. He did most of the installation for me. I just helped a little bit. Lol.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whats next?!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Hmmm. I think more suspension stuff, like Endlinks, Anti-Lift Kit, Strut bars, Braces etc. I have a SPT Short Shifter, but I'm thinking I might go even shorter. Cobb? Kartboy? I don't know. I'm figuring out exactly what my next mods will be by window shopping RSD and TougeFighter. I'm gonna get the black STi side ornaments for a nice little touch and then the Vortex Generator.

The Cobb Knob got here sometime in the last two days. Anyway, here's it and a much better shot of the lip and hellas.

If anyone knows anyone looking for a weighted shift knob, let me know :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That domo is making a mess in your car.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Pinstripe Done:

Aaaand more suspension parts. As usual, many thanks to TougeFighter for the awesome deal on these. Can't wait to get these installed.

Whiteline Front and Rear Endlinks and Whiteline Anti-lift kit

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That pinstripe makes such a nice subtle difference. I should reapply mine soon.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Yeah it does...I've been wanting to do it for a while. I had a friend here in WRXAtlanta that had some extra and actually did it for me while I was doing some training for the new job I just started. The friend is the GM....So it's safe to say I picked a much better pt job than my current gig. Lol. Anyway, for my next mod I'm looking at some things that I haven't really seen anyone do.

This roof spoiler from jonmotoring.com:
http://www.jonmotoring.com/hic-08-14-subaru-impreza-4dr-sedan-rear-window-roof-visor-spoiler/

First, does anyone know anything good or bad about jonmotoring? I haven't heard of them before and wanted to make sure they're legit before I purchase it.

Next, I'm going to do the LED Color Changing Turn Signal from Fastwrx.com(the Mega Bright ones).

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I got another mod to add to the current pile of the Anti-Lift Kit and Endlinks: Color-Changing LED Turn Signals for the front. They're white as parking/running lights and then change to amber when you turn on the turn signals or hazards. Hopefully I'll get those installed this week.

Now that I have most of the major suspension components, I think I'm going to turn my attention to the inside and a few things on the outside:
-Full LED interior
-JPM Goodies
-SMY Alcantara Cluster Hood Dual Gauge Pod with STi Logo
-JDM Armrest Extension
-Pioneer AppRadio 4
And Later:
-Prova D-Shaped Alcantara Steering Wheel.

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I got the 30K service done a few days ago. While I was at AllPro, I had them install anti-lift kit and my end links while they were at it. Man, it's a completely different car! I love it. All the rattling doesn't bother me because I've had nothing but stiff riding cars. If you're used to smooth-ish and your STi is your daily, I definitely don't recommend this mod.

Next, I found a killer deal on one of these that I just couldn't pass up.

I selected the Stage 1 93 Oct. Map, and it's been great. I haven't ragged on it toooo much :D. It should have come stock like that. Stupid CA and their emissions :p

Lastly, I bought front LED switchback turn signals, and had a hell of a time getting them in because I ended up dropping one in the headlight bucket :/ Anyway... Here they are:

Unfortunately, with my clear projectors, they don't match up in color with my headlights. I'll look into finding some that do, but I don't know how much variation is out there with a product like that.

Another picture:

Definitely a fun couple of weeks with my car. I'm looking forward to spring mountain runs even more!

Thanks for checking out my Touge-spec build, as always!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Lots of changes have been going on with me and my car, so I figure I'll post them here. I got married on Friday, and started moved into a house the next day.

I've got a couple of mods installed since my last update, plus one that's waiting to go on on Sammie. PLUS, I may or may not finally be getting some new wheels :D I don't have wifi yet, but I'll post pictures when I get some!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap! Congrats on everything! Can't wait for pics! :tup:

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Yeah.....We just did a little "courhouse wedding" in our backyard, but that was the way we both wanted it. Short and sweet! Plus, more money that could go toward the house....and the car. LOL. Modding is seriously a virus...I just can't stop doing it!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
I think the next mod, after the Wheels, that I'm going to do is a bit of aero pieces and then the Turn-In Concepts Holy Shift Kit. Looking for opinions on whether I should go with something like AeroFlow Dynamics Front Splitter, Canards, sides, and rear pieces, or something a bit more simple like the little diffuser that covers the bottom of the back bumper (HT Autos) off of SMYperformance.com.

Next will finally be some go-fast bits. I've got a list, but I'll save y'all the trouble of reading it until I actually get it. :lol: I can't wait to start wrenching more this summer in my own Garage!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
And the wheels are on! It turned out EXACTLY how I thought/wanted it to look. Now I just have to complete the look with coilovers and finish the lip all the way around (Sides and Rear)

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Sorry about the recent absence. Back about 4 months ago, my GM, AGM, and Commercial Manager at work quit around the same time, so we all were working overtime. The store is back on it's feet now and even better, so I should be around more.

I have quite a few modifications that have been sitting in the garage for some time now that I'm just trying to find some time to install. Parts include:

-Invidia Catted Downpipe
-Cobb Heatshield
-Perrin Turbo Blanket
-WRB Roof Spoiler(pictures coming soon)
-CF Rear Bumper Spats
-JDM Rear Brakelight
-Galvins Customs Front Canards

I'll probably get an intake before I install the Downpipe, and then I'll go get the parts installed and tuned all at the same time.

In other news, Sammie the Subie will no longer be a daily driver as of tomorrow. Pictures will be posted tomorrow!

WesternSTi

The Music Man
Its been a while since I updated this thread, so here's a few changes since the last time.

The Mods continue to pile up in my garage. They include:
Invidia Catted Downpipe
Cobb Heat Shield
Turbo Blanket
Galvez Customs Canards
JDM Third Brake Light
Torque Solutions Pitch Stop Mount
GT-Spec D-Shaped Steering Wheel
WRB Painted to match Roof Spoiler
CF Rear Bumper Spats
Process West Cold Air Intake
Hawk HP+ Pads
DBA Rotors
Rally Armor Mudflaps.

And a Daily Happened:
01 Honda Prelude. 1 Owner. 146K Miles. 5 Speed.