Helllp

SleepyBear

Went to get tires put on the sti. The mechanic went to start the car and he said it wouldnt start. I go out hop in and the key module was pushed in and loose. I tried starting it but no luck, doesnt crank over at all. No radio..heat..cigarette lighter..headlights. Only things that work are the parking lights dome light and the chimer and the red security blinker. The fuses are all good. Im stumped.....

Vermont

When you go to start the car do you get a clicking of any type what so ever? Does the car even try to turn over? Also have tried jumping yet?

Vermont

Sounds like a fuse or something is disconnected. Jumping should make it atleast click if the circuit is complete.

Agreed. If jumping it did nothing along with not noise at all on start up I would suggest looking over the fuses again. If they are all good, Then it might one of two things. A bricked ECU or a malfunctioning anti-theft system. Both of which will require a tow too a Subaru dealership. As very few shops will have the diagnostic tools or know how to treat either problems.

Vermont

Check in side of your owners manual to see what it says about the security system. A lot of times if it is erroneously set off you can reset it your self.

jswansti

It should tell you in the manual how to. Also, do you have a spare key? You could always give that one a try and see if there's something faulty with your key or the chip in your key.

SleepyBear

Ok. Spare key is in va. Im home in NY on leave. All I have is the key to start it thats all. The car came with two master keys thats all.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You need to try and disconnect the battery for 5 minutes.

SleepyBear

You need to let the ecu discharge. Pump the brakes, turn the lights on, etc to make sure it discharges completely.

^alright i'll try that in the morning. theres no power to even turn the headlights on haha but i'll pump the brakes and have it disconnected for 5 plus minutes.

Scott Stokes

Ok so this trick works on GM shit and has worked for me in the past and today on the EVO i built. But hook up the battery charger and close all the door and turn key to run. Let sit 10mins like that or till security light stops flashing. Do this 3 times and it should start. That way it is learning the key over again to. Might help, never tried this with a Suby. You can always close all doors. Hit lock on key fob twice. wait a few second then hit unlock on key fob twice as like your unlocking all doors. Then try the key

PlanB

Armed the alarm and removing the wheel? My guess..

I'd love to know as well.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk