Hello from NZ

NZV8STi03

Hi all, my name is Cole, I'm from New Zealand and I own a NZ new (RHD, same as Japanese spec) version 8 sti. This is my first Subaru, but we've always had at least one in the family, including legacies, foresters, version 2 wrx RA, leone turbo etc. I'm pretty much just owned toyotas, fx-gt corollas, ae86, jzx100, a dc2 98 spec type r, R6 Yamaha etc. But seriously I wish I had just saved a bit longer and brought my Subaru to start with. It's the complete package. I've done a few little mods to it so far and done 1 hillclimb in it, will be entering another next month... But anyway here are it's mods:

Ecu remap by STM
3" exhaust from the turbo back (looks like shyte, will change soon)
E boost
Hardwired walbro
Panel filter
Group n gearbox mount
TiC sexy rear end
Whiteline alk
23mm rear swaybar
Whiteline rack bushes
Free castor mod

I think that's about it for now. Makes 222kw at the wheels at 21psi. But most importantly the throttle response is spot on, there's very little lag.

Cheers guys!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow welcome! Sounds like you've had quite a collection of fun vechicles.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team! Got pics?

NZV8STi03

No pics, but a video of the hillclimb I mentioned. A flat 66 sec was the best time I did that day, on old dz101 dunlops, no launch and the car was stock then apart from the exhaust. The evo and sti type r did mid 62's as a reference. I'm by no means a pro, but we all have to start somewhere.
After that I had to replace both wheel bearings and the brake pads, the stock ones had crumbled apart (had been driving the car quite hard on B roads in the weeks before). So the car also now has braided lines, znoelli slotted and heat treated rotors front and rear, as well as mintex M1166 pads. They're designed to be a targa type pad. Not bad, kind on rotors they seem. And RBF660 for the fluid.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1JVwyOPN-dE

Not sure if this link will work, I'm posting it from my iphone junk.

I may start a journal actually. This is my daily driver but a bit of a project too.

Cheers!