Hello new member in Ft Myers FL, , New to here not to Subie

creasybearxxx

Hello, I am new to the site but not so new to Subaru. I live in Ft Myers , FL and have a 2006 WRB STI. Too many mods to list completely right now, feels like I may have rebuilt/replaced every part of drivetrain and suspension. <This is really an exaggeration. My STI is not my daily driver (My Volvo S60 R, polestar is) , I have a cobb stage 2 2.65L motor , Cobb stage 3 race heads, cosworth cam shaft, 4" custom built exhaust, custom built intake , big fuel system, GT42R Turbo, AEM stand alone EMS, NOS setup, Meth injection, triple plate clutch and a host of suspension drivetrain upgrades. INGS+1 body kit, and a bunch of other stuff.

Car is not running right now though as I had to rebuild the Cobb engine (or rather have two shops do it for me). Should be back on the road in the next couple of months. After being off the scene for a few years its nice to see the enthusiasm is still alive. , Creasy

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hello and Welcome... Glad you could join! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Dang! First welcome to the team. Next got pics? Third did Cobb mess up?

creasybearxxx

Yes I will have to upgrade membership to do pics most likely, .

But I would say no Cobb didnt really mess up (its hard to say), my 2nd to last tuner did. I wont mention any names right now as I dont like to bash people without their chance to reply. You could say it was criminal what happened to me there , stolen parts, bought new Cobb motor through the tuner,, and when I get the car it has a blown motor in it.
I guess I leaned a big $ 30,000 to $ 40,000 lesson about doing business out of state, lol. But I feel we are back on the right track now.

About to buy our second subie a 2012 WRX hatch, and use my extra parts to modify myself in my garage :) . The STI will be more of a weekend cruiser / track car.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wow I would love to hear the full story sometime. We only have honest Vendors and Tuners here. Also if you become a premium member sponsor you'll get some cool gear. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
HOLY MONSTER!!!

TurboDave

Hey man whats up FT Myers here also and welcome.

Hello, I am new to the site but not so new to Subaru. I live in Ft Myers , FL and have a 2006 WRB STI. Too many mods to list completely right now, feels like I may have rebuilt/replaced every part of drivetrain and suspension. <This is really an exaggeration. My STI is not my daily driver (My Volvo S60 R, polestar is) , I have a cobb stage 2 2.65L motor , Cobb stage 3 race heads, cosworth cam shaft, 4" custom built exhaust, custom built intake , big fuel system, GT42R Turbo, AEM stand alone EMS, NOS setup, Meth injection, triple plate clutch and a host of suspension drivetrain upgrades. INGS+1 body kit, and a bunch of other stuff.

Car is not running right now though as I had to rebuild the Cobb engine (or rather have two shops do it for me). Should be back on the road in the next couple of months. After being off the scene for a few years its nice to see the enthusiasm is still alive. , Creasy

Grinder34

Track Monkey
welcome. That's a fine looking engine bay!

But i would like to hear the full story, and know what tuner to avoid!

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Glad to have you with us, for sure! Please let us know more details when you can. We have an awesome group of folks here, and all are very knowledgeable about the various aspects of the car. Who sent you to us? :)

creasybearxxx

Thank you all, I got the forum link off of a Facebook page, after view a youtube video. The person running the facebook profile suggested the forum.