Hello STi Friends! I'm a new guy.

RVSTi

View attachment 3132 Car Photos 087.jpgCar Photos 086.jpgCar Photos 083.jpgCar Photos 096.jpg

Hello All! My name is Robert, and i have been a proud STi owner for 2 months now. I upgraded from my 02 bugeye WRX to a 05 blobeye STi :lol: . I have been having a blast with this new machine. So far I have only had a chance to do a few mods but because every one always wants to know, here is the list:
  • APS turbo back exhaust
  • Perrin Front Sway Bar
  • Perrin Lightweight Crank Pully
  • Subtle Solutions Ash Tray Gauge Bezel
  • Subtle Solutions AC knob overlay
  • Custom Painted Center Center Dash
  • HKS Turbo Timer, (yea I know... no comments on this, I like it so i don't care)
  • 18" Motegi rims
More to come in the future. I also have a 03 EVO VIII that my wife drives that absorbs the Subi Fund.a

I am in Northern Arizona and have a small car club starting up, if your in the area, or just like me on facebook. www.facebook.com/highaltitudecarclub . Its just starting up as of a few weeks ago.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team! Glad you could join us. Mods are an addiction. :fuji:

RVSTi

Future Mods Planned:
  • Rotors and pads. I have been looking for just drilled rotors, but it looks like most "quality" stuff is Drilled and Slotted.
  • The Kartboy short shifter and bushings combo. The slop in the stick is killin me. My wifes EVO has such a great solid feel to it OEM. My father also has a 2010 SS Camero with a Hurst short shifter and that thing is about as solid as it gets when it comes to shifting feel. I am suprised that the Subaru shifter wasn't more solid OEM.
  • I would like to do the f/r sway bars and assorted upgrades that go along with it.
  • Next would be the struts. maybe some coil overs. I spent some time last week fixing the notorious STRUT KLUNK and installed a grease zerk, but the struts have 89,000 miles on them and will need to be replaced anyway. at least that horrible sound is gone for now.
  • After that probably the Cobb access port to go to a stage 2. I have the exhaust, I will go for the intake/box from Cobb and go from there.
I had a hair pulling, head pounding against the wall, type of experience in upgrading the motor and tuning in my 02 wrx, which is why I ended up with an STi in the first place. I plan on slaying some curves with a good suspension set up before I start in on motor upgrades again.

Looking at this list, do you guys have any suggestions?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Do you want to start with the braking system or suspension, or both?

RVSTi

The brakes are the priority. the current rotors have a lip on them. I figure they might be able to be machined, but I like the idea of replacing them with something a little better than OEM. any suggestions? I have been looking at the DBA 4000's but I am open to any suggestions. I read a lot of drilled vs. slotted debates and I am not sure. Right now I don't live anywhere near a race track, so mostly street use, but I would like to get some track time in the near future.

ICY STi

Welcome to the group man. Im a FNG with STi's as well and these guys on here have helped me out so much. Alot of great guys on here and a WEALTH of knowledge. Dont be afraid to post reguardless of what it is. There is no judgement here. Just fellow subie enthusiasts helping one another out.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! :D

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI! Thanks for posting pictures, however, we would love to see more. Oh and I like those rims a lot! Never seen them before, but your car looks great with them on! :tup: