HELP! Engine blew :(

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm in the exact same boat. I have an 04 Sti completely stock that just threw a rod bearing. Sad thing is it only has 86,000 miles on it. I am just going to go with an oem block. The big thing I'm wondering about is an 10103AC050 vs 10103AC030. I read that either will work but the AC050 has a nitride crank. Which one should I order? Also, What is the deal with the 704 casting? Any advice would help. I figured it would be applicable to the op because they have the same problem

Jeremy

Here is a discussion on the 704 casting that you may find interesting.

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?4101-Issues-with-the-704-Casting&highlight=casting

Jennaboo32

I bought a new exhaust housing for my turbo for $100. I didnt have money to upgrade it right now. Is that going to last me? My old one was cracked but the turbo was fine. No shaft play or anything.

black04joe

i had the same prob my motor was spent at 119000 but thats what happens when ppl borrow car it is not mine so i dont care thats there mine set but i have a 04 i went and purchased a newer block they sent me a 07 there is a lot that is diffrent intake manifol vac lines. oil ports for the turbo are a little diffrent i noticed is there eneything i should be carefull of when i transfer the manifol over and oil line for turbo has a diffrent line it looks like also the 04 has 2 bolts the line runs threw and the 07 has the same but only comes out under the turbo and and dus not connect to the valve line like 04.just wundering if there is eneything i have to watch out for when doing this. thanks.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
try reposting that to a new thread.

I thought the motors were pretty interchangeable though.