hi there! gc8 sti swap from venezuela

Gerardogc8

Hi there! glad to be part of this forum. thanks to [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] for the invite!

Im building a 1995 impreza with a full sti ej25 swap.

My goal is 500 whp street car using 93 oct and methanol. my engine has:

8:2:1 forged pistons
forged rods
272 cams and springs
stock sleeves.

wich "stock location" turbo will be the most accurate for this? i was thinking fp black and dom 5.0

thanks in advance for all suggestions!

imagen

subir fotos

subir fotos

subir imagen

subir fotos a internet

imagen jpg

subir fotos a internet

share image

imagen

share image

share image

subir imagen

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=5894]Gerardogc8[/MENTION].

Sweet build you got going there. ?

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hello Gerardo! Nice to have you here and I am looking forward to your build! You know what turbo I recommend already but let's wait to see what others have to suggest! I would imagine anything GT35R or better would fit the bill nicely :tup: The FP Black fits that bill perfectly especially where your goals are concerned.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
In regards to a "stock location" turbo, are you considering and internal or external wastegate?

If you haven't built the engine yet, I'd suggest a higher static compression ratio than the factory 8.2:1. Not only will you be able to make more power, but since you are planning to use pretty aggressive cams, I think it's necessary. Aggressive cams like 272's often lower your dynamic compression.

With an ATP GT3076R and 9.0:1 static compression, you should be able to hit 500whp, or at least get really close while also spooling up faster than a larger turbo.

That's just my opinion, but there are a lot of guys here that have far more experience than I.

Am I on the right track, [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
In regards to a "stock location" turbo, are you considering and internal or external wastegate?

If you haven't built the engine yet, I'd suggest a higher static compression ratio than the factory 8.2:1. Not only will you be able to make more power, but since you are planning to use pretty aggressive cams, I think it's necessary. Aggressive cams like 272's often lower your dynamic compression.

With an ATP GT3076R and 9.0:1 static compression, you should be able to hit 500whp, or at least get really close while also spooling up faster than a larger turbo.

That's just my opinion, but there are a lot of guys here that have far more experience than I.

Am I on the right track, @HolyCrapItsFast?

That is a really good point with the dynamic compression :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! Amazing build!!!