HID problem.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
So this in my first car with HID headlights and the passenger side went pinkish today. Is that a sign of a bad ballast? The bulb still works so that leads me to believe its not the bulb.

Should i replace with OEM or is it worth it to do both sides with aftermarket?

Thanks

And thats all i have to say about that...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It sounds like it could be the ballist and it would be very expensive to replace them with the OEM ones if it is not the case. The only downfall with the after market ones is they are very hit or miss. There is allot of crap out there for sale today but even the most expensive after market kits are cheaper than a new OEM, all though you can find used OEM units on ebay for $50.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
should i just spend the money and replace both ballasts and bulbs? the car is 8yrs old and idk if they have ever been changed.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nha... Why fix something that isn't broke. My cheap ass would replace just the one :lol:

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i am going to see what the price is.. id hate to replace the one then 2 weeks from now the other goes out too.. ill check and let you guys know what i decide

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yikes!

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
forgot to close this out. ended up replacing the bulb. got it from advanced auto parts for like $80. much better than $300