Highlanders MY03 STi Prodrive

Highlander395

I have auto spray :) Bought the JDM Auto intercooler water spray switch about a year ago, modified it to work parallel to the manual switch and is triggered by a pressure switch which is activated by turbo pressure :) So, if i enable the system, as soon as turbo press is about 5psi.. spraying starts. Very efficient during track abuse :D
If U need more info, I still have all the topics and drawing about this modification :p

Highlander395

Today I picked up the next upgrade: STi GeNomes :)

IMG_1290Custom_zps09700484.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Today I picked up the next upgrade: STi GeNomes :)

IMG_1290Custom_zps09700484.jpg

Nice! Mind if I ask how much monies they ate out of your wallet? Also when do you plan on installing them? :tup:

Highlander395

Installation will be later this month.. The ATI pod has some scratches so I'm planning on laminating it with carbon fibre to match my other dashpod :)
Price => pm ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Installation will be later this month.. The ATI pod has some scratches so I'm planning on laminating it with carbon fibre to match my other dashpod :)
Price => pm ;)

Make a how to when you laminate it!!!

Highlander395

$1000 ? Must be missing something here :(

Busy bee here at home, enjoy creating stuff for the subaru :mrgreen:

1. Update under the hood:
Smaller windscreen washer bottle.
The design:
OEM: 4l => Highlanders box: 1.45l 8)
IMG_1311Custom_zps8325aad7.jpg

During:
IMG_1308Custom_zps3cad013d.jpg

IMG_1313Custom_zps934dc779.jpg

Bottle neck for OEM cap:
IMG_1324Custom_zpsbf247cf9.jpg

IMG_1325Custom_zpsb7c96f25.jpg

OEM pump will be reused and an level indicator will be added as well.
All that's left is welding and painting.

2. Spypic of something else which requires a lot more work :mrgreen:
Clipboard01_zpsc5cbff79.jpg

Once both are finished, installation will be next :)

Highlander395

Continued finishing the tank yesterday. Mounted it today, no pics of installation due to being to dark in the garage :(

Welded, checked for leaks and sanded:
IMG_1338Custom_zpse7b16378.jpg

Painted black and ready for installation:
IMG_1365Custom_zpsd7d12041.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How long did it take to make from start to finish? Would you be willing to make another and sell to me? :D

Show engine bay pic today! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I want I want!!!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
seriously, me too.

I bought the Vibrant tank and its a POS. The tank literally pops off the bracket under any load (braking, cornering).

The KillerB one doesnt fit my year (due to fuse box shape) so I'd love to have another option. Where will yours fit under the hood?

Highlander395

Thanks dudes! Glad u like :)

As for making another one, I currently trying to get some prices right in order to start a group buy (near future, sept-oct). I get a lot of good respons on other forums as well, so i'll try to please every one with this :) I'll keep u guys posted on that matter ;)

Grinder: how the tank acts under load, I can't tell yet. I do trackdays so probably within the next two weeks I'll let u know if it is still in good condition. I designed it so it fits in the stock location next to the fuse box. I'll post pics asap! It makes it also a lot easier to work on the coils and spark plugs ;)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
On the 07 (and 06?) the fuse box has an air pump next to it, and the washer bottle is behind the foglight. I took my air pump out and tried to mount the Vibrant bottle there. The bottle itself is a somewhat bendy plastic that is designed to slide onto a harder bracket. Well, the bottle flexes and pops off, but it's only a problem due to the soft plastic. Here's a picture of a hawkeye with the air pump removed. Plenty of space but the mounting holes are offset from where the bottle needs to mount:

sti-engine_bay.jpg

img0240fi0.jpg

I think your metal tank will be fine as far as mounting! What pump are you using?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thank goodness we don't have such worries in our 04's! :lol:

stienginebay6gg.jpg

Not my car because my engine bay isn't that pristine! :lol:

Highlander395

Grinder: i see what u mean, but i'm guessing 'my tank' won't fit either. As u can see in de picture Alinro posted, the classics, bugeye and peanut have 2 mounting points for the OEM washer tank + one common point being used to hold the fuse box. As from MY06, there's only 1 screw just to keep the fuse box in place. I got some friends with a hawkeye, i will check it out myself to see if i can come up with a solution :) Should have pictures of mine later on this day :)

Highlander395

Sorry for the delay here fella's.. It was quite a busy week at work with long days and darkness fell earlier then I got home to take some decent pictures :( I'll try to do this asap.. :oops: I haven't forgotten about your questions as well, just give me some more time :oops:

Since holidays are over, not much progress was made regarding to the spypic I posted earlier. I'm trying to give the ATI-pod a carbon overlay :p It was the first time that I did a complex shape like this and since I'm no pro, my flaws will be exposed when it's all done. But, given my experience, I'm still quite happy with the result so far.
Carbon applied:
IMG_1331Custom_zps94746259.jpg

After first layer of resin + removal of leftovers:
IMG_1344Custom_zps35f7c370.jpg

Next up will be another layer of resin, let it fully cure and prepare it for some clear coat. I'll probably have to do some serious sanding, so I'm hoping with the extra layer of resin, I won't touch the carbon fibre.
Installing the gauges will be done when I need to switch exhaust for technical approval next month. Intercooler will then be removed, giving me easier access to cyl 3 to install the oil temp sensor :)

Highlander395

So, finally got the time to finish the dashpod. It's not a 100% piece due to lack of experience but i'm quite happy with the result :)

IMG_1369Custom_zpsca8383c3.jpg

IMG_1376Custom_zps68e727ad.jpg

IMG_1392Custom_zps89fcdb25.jpg

IMG_1395Custom_zps783e75b4.jpg

I've taken a few more shots of the small washer bottle as well, again my apologies for the delay :$ I'm currently trying to get some decent pricing on the materials, so by half of september, i'll try to make a GB if enough interest rises :)

IMG_1389Custom_zps85426c63.jpg

IMG_1390Custom_zpsbef92086.jpg

Tomorrow => anual technical approval, pray for me! :D

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dashpod came out great!

So did the small wiper fluid container!

:tup:

Cant wait to buy!

Highlander395

Sorry Alinro, didn't get a go to do a groupbuy. Prices were rediculous to make it interesting :?

It's been a while since that update, so here I am again with more news :)
I was in Yuma last month for my job so I had the opportunity to get some US parts that are way to expensive over here in Europe :?

- Set USDM fog light covers.. These will serve as duct for brake cooling.
IMG_0330Custom_zps6104d222.jpg

IMG_0520Custom_zpsb04049bb.jpg

Still waiting for some parts, so more later on :)

- Kartboy Short Shifter + Bushings + Shift knob
IMG_0385Custom_zps4d408d53.jpg

IMG_0386Custom_zpsb05ed39a.jpg

Smooth and 'easy' installation. Rear bushing was a bit of a PITA but after some swearing and cursing, it all went well :norty:
Old vs new / OEM vs Kartboy:
IMG_0535Custom_zpsf82e68d5.jpg

IMG_0545Custom_zpsbbae32e1.jpg

Haven't driven the car but shifter feels great! Less travel, a whole lot stiffer.. I'm curious about how it will feel when driving :cool:
IMG_0540Custom_zpsb09e5516.jpg

Got plenty to do, got a few weeks, me like!! :dance: