HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow... :bow:

This is on the Dom 3, right?

Also, what was peak boost and what did it taper to by redline?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It was 20 psi from about 3500-4000 and throughout the run. Dead solid.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It was 20 psi from 3500 and throughout the run. Dead solid.
Are you fucking kidding me? Well then... I have some very good things to look forward to...

giphy.gif

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sorry just had to go back and look at the log. it was 20 psi at around 4500 to redline.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, so there is quite a bit of difference in the RPM range. Still, worth the 1k RPM sacrifice for that!

How does the car feel?!

Can you also list the mods out for us?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ok, so there is quite a bit of difference in the RPM range. Still, worth the 1k RPM sacrifice for that!

How does the car feel?!

Can you also list the mods out for us?

Yeah but keep in mind it is not a small turbo and allot of lag can be attributed to the front mount. Can that be improved? Yes, but I have to play more with WGDC and AVCS and timing and I have to find the time to do that. Car feel strong and has better usable power than it did when it was pushing 430. I have this thing running like butter and I am hard pressed to do anything else to it because it feels so smooth and responsive when just driving around.

Mods are...

Dom3
Perrin front mount
Cobb intake
Five-o 1000cc injectors
Grimmspeed EBCS
Borla headers
Invidia catted turbo back exhaust
Omni 4bar

Future plans are to revert back to a top mount and do TGV deletes and phenolic spacers and add the Cobb cold air box. Then do some heat management. That's the only fucking around of the engine I am going to do.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, we are pretty similar in terms of mods then! :tup:

Has anything been done to the internals whatsoever? I don't plan on changing anything in mine, so this can be truly promising! :bow:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nope not a thing other than Amsoil or redline every 2500 miles.

I still attest that the stock motor is the most reliable up to 400 HP provided you have a clean tune and keep the boost reasonable plus the fact that it is an 04.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nope not a thing other than Amsoil or redline every 2500 miles.

I still attest that the stock motor is the most reliable up to 400 HP provided you have a clean tune and keep the boost reasonable

Man 2015 is gonna be exhilarating!!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I am finally done with my multi-gauge. I built the temperature sensors using the one wire digital sensors from Dallas. These are cool because the temperature is converted to a digital signal at the point of measurement, and using some software trickery, you need only one wire for as many sensors as you might need with no signal loss due to wire length or the possibility of interference or crosstalk from other sensors and signals

The pressure sensors are 150 psi sensors that I got from China. They are not your standard oil pressure sender that varies resistance. These output a 0-5v signal much like the AEM sensors at a fraction of the cost. Ideal for the Arduino and easy to calibrate and program. I have no doubt that they are durable because I dropped them like 20 times and they still work fine.

Here's the secret behind this whole thing... 4D Systems display. So no I am not some programming genius. :lol: All of the objects are place using powerful WYSIWYG software so it is as simple as selecting an object you want to display and placing it where you want it to show, Then editing it to your liking and assigning it a function. Then it is as easy as calling that function in the Arduino. It's brilliant!

Really any idiot can do this as I am proof of that. :tup:

DISPLAY-1.jpg DISPLAY-2.jpg DISPLAY-3.jpg UNIT.jpg TEMPERATURE.jpg PRESSURE.jpg

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
@HolyCrapItsFast Is this something you are making as a stand alone unit, or could you produce more? Looks more simple than the multi display...

Believe it or not the boost gauge is vastly more complex than the multi gauge because of the barometric compensation, data logger, 0-5 volt output, color change and the real time clock. It adds more programming complexity when you combine all those features. The 4D Systems intelligent display used in the multi gauge makes programming a breeze and the rest only looks complicated, but it is not. :tup:

I can make these on request. I am planing to make them for the moderator team and I have all the parts to make about 5 units. I'm just having trouble finding the time to do it because life is catching up to me. When I am finished with the ones I promised, I will make them on request, but that is going to be quite a while

It's certainly very cool. Once you're "accepting orders" [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION], how much would one of those bad daddys cost?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I don't really want to advertise I will be taking open orders :lol: This will be on request and only if I have time to do it,

Just the cost of parts. The last time I tallied it all up it was just about $150 but that could be plus or minus $40 or so because the parts costs are not consistent due to source and availability.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ill pay double! :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow nice lip?! Car is gonna look nasty with that matched wrb... Pics asap!!!!