HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think your good though... You have a huge turbo right?

SudoSTI

Meh, moderately. It's a Borg Warner S256 so between a 30R and 35R. I got waaaaay too big of an intercooler too. I was really concerned about it filling the bumper opening because that's a pet peeve of mine but to get the length, it also had to have height. :/

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think your turbo has enough flow to fill it quickly. You may not notice much of a issue at all. I have tuned 30R's with front mounts and I didn't notice much of a difference. It is the smaller turbos that can't fill all the piping fast enough.

SudoSTI

We shall see... hopefully soon as long as my fittings get here quickly enough! I'm still really digging that AWIC setup!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I finished making my AWIC controller/monitor. I just have to install it now but I'm so fat and lazy I'm wondering if I will ever get to it. :tard:

Here is s sneak peak...

20150910_192129.jpg

20150910_193220.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh how we hate you, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy crap we're jealous!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
We finally got around to installing the bungs for my EGT gauge. Exhaust gas temperatures look really good so far. Now I can start doing some per cylinder adjustments to fuel. Here is a video of the results. I am noticing that cylinder 2 and 3 are the hottest which makes sense to me. Cylinder 3 has all the heat from the up pipe and turbo and cylinder 2 has the header pipes crossing it. regardless they are pretty close to one another which is good news in my book.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh my panties are wet! ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
That really is a thing of beauty. Did you not really get on it too hard? EGTs seemed pretty low even under boost. Unless that readout is Celsius :rofl:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That really is a thing of beauty. Did you not really get on it too hard? EGTs seemed pretty low even under boost. Unless that readout is Celsius :rofl:

I had him floor it in second and part of third. That is about as high as I have seen the temps go so far and I have gotten into it quite a bit since then :tup:. This is about what I would expect to see running E85. I would expect the temps to be a little higher with gasoline but not much more. I like to tune around 1300-1500* so it is right where I want it. I think I can bring the temps in closer to each other now. The good news is I can make a global adjustment to individual cylinder fuel because the temp difference from cylinder to cylinder is about the same no matter what the rpm or load. Makes my job easier.

Last edited: