How To Request: smog pump valve delete kit install

stiorbust

Hello peeps,
I have an 08 sti and have been lucky enough to have my check engine light go on for the smog pump check valve. I took the oppertunity to order the delete kit from Jordan. It came with the two block off plates. I am pretty comfy working on my car but I want to make sure I do this right before I send it off to EFI Logics to do a tune. I will also be installing a new downpipe at the same time. If you can give me the step by step that would be a huge help. Pics even better. Thank you again. Feel free to send to my email at grantsampson@cox.net. Hope you all had a great holiday. Im sure I will be talking to you guys soon on the fb group page :)

Last edited by a moderator:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I wasn't even aware of a kit to delete this... Learn something new every day! :)

There is one thing to be aware of and I hope the kit addresses it. You need to maintain the Atmospheric Sensor and I'm not sure how to go about doing that. The sensor was moved from the ecu to the air pump assembly in the 2007 and up model years.

There are a couple of guys here that have done it so they would no better. Hopefully they will chime in and assist you! :tup:

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Had to dremel the bloody thing out, removed the whole pump. Fuji did that as well. Don't go without the atmospheric pressure, throws many parts of the tune out!