I need a pair of bare or complete heads ASAP!!!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Hey guys, I have come to find out that I need another set of heads. I realllllly need to get this car together ASAP at this point (need a car to drive). Let me know if any of you have a set that are not scarred up. Thanks everyone!

FYI I have items I would be willing to trade to help with cost.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You need to ask Reks.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The combustion cambers don't match. To be honest I'm beside myself for missing that. Looking much deeper into it they are two completely different castings of different years. On one head the combustion cahnmber is bowl shaped and the other has more right angles. Probably contributed to my engine failure.

He is looking to get a clean set of heads that he can turn around quickly becasue of a time constraint. The second set of heads are not usable becasue they need some work to use again. The cam journals are scored.. They can be rebuilt but not in a reasonable time.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmmm... a 6cc difference between heads is significant IMO. I was using 9.5:1 compression pistons. I think he is using propper 8.5:1 or less pistons but he would have to confirm that. What if he used a thicker gasket on one side. God that sounds so ghetto.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think there is a miss understanding... Only one of the heads is a spec c... the other is your standard run of the mill USDM head... Still don't know how I managed to miss that but I did and it is water under the bridge now. I do have my moments... just not usually at the expense of others.

He is looking to get this done by the weekend. I did offer to have the second set rebuilt at my expense but I can't get those back to him in a reasonable time frame. However my offer does still stand.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I had a little clean up work done to the old ones, hopefully I will be good. If not I will be looking into the ones Adam has. Thanks for the posts guys.