I used to have an STI....

Raszaron

Hello Everyone,

Name my name is Chris, but I use Raszaron on pretty much every Subaru forum. I had purchased my first Subaru (2007 STI) back in 07 and foolishly got rid of it in 09 after putting a lot of time and work into it. I currently have a 04 Forester XT that has a lot of STI goodness on it (VF-43 - 310awhp/333ftlbs). It is my plan to one day import the SG body style Forester STI to the states from Japan, and get back into another Impreza WRX STI. It also depends on what Subaru does with the upcoming STI(s).

For anyone wanting to see my current project / daily driver here is my build thread over at SubaruForester.org: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/2004-forester-xt-decepticon-making-66854/

Future plans are to lower the Forester even more - coilovers, strut tower bars, other suspension goodies, add the STI steering rack w/ upgraded bushings, some body work/mods, and then the big time either or - PPG 5spd with 1-2 straight, 3-4 helical, or the full 6spd STI swap to include the brembos and everything else.

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• CIMG1307.jpg
    CIMG1307.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 69
  • CIMG6299.jpg
    CIMG6299.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 61
  • CIMG6651.jpg
    CIMG6651.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hello and welcome.
Too bad for the STi but the Forester is looking good.
Start up a members journal and enjoy the site!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI! You'll be sure to love it here! Can't wait to see more progress!

Raszaron

Fulfillment of a childhood want... wanted a Challenger since I was a kid, got rid of the STI ("Do you realize what you've done?" You have to excuse my friend, he's kind of slow" to quote Dumb and Dumber), had twins, good bye two door car why in the world did I sell the STI? --- that kind of reason... still hating that decision, cause now the wife wont let me get another one at this time...........

Welcome!

What made you sell the 07?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Forrester might be better with two kids. More room and space in back, and you can make it almost like an STI (which it sounds like you've already done)

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Big reason I bought the STi over the Evo or others, was A. 4 Doors and B. More comfortable. lol. Evo back seat sucks and rides like a pissed off donkey.

Raszaron

Don't get me wrong, I love my Forester, and yes I can put a ton of stuff in the back, and the boys fit nicely too! Plus everything from the 04 STI bolts directly on... but man, STI's are just aggressive looking beasts and I want another one in my garage sometime in the near future... wont be getting rid of the Forester either.

Forrester might be better with two kids. More room and space in back, and you can make it almost like an STI (which it sounds like you've already done)

LOL, great analogy about the pissed off donkey. I will never own a Mitsubishi again, they break way to often and cost way to much to repair! Subaru AWD > Mitsu AWD

Big reason I bought the STi over the Evo or others, was A. 4 Doors and B. More comfortable. lol. Evo back seat sucks and rides like a pissed off donkey.