Staff member
Awesome, can't wait to see.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh man looks awesome!

JJBTEXAS

Update 3/2/2011

Ok so had the car on BCs for a couple days and thought I'd give y'all a quick review.

Install: A
First off, installation. Obviously this is going to be roughly the same for every setup but i do have a few notes. First off when your getting ready to do the install i suggest you have a good impact gun and a butane torch. The bolts that attach the arm to the strut in the rear is a PITA. Also, when ordering the coilovers don't get the extenders for the rear as they are completely useless in the hatch. Other than those gripes the install was pretty painless and nothing out of the ordinary. I would suggest being careful though so that you don't scratch the paint. I'm afraid if you scratch the paint the strut may rust. I wish they were stainless like the Eibachs but oh well.

Adjustability: B+
These coilovers are very easy to adjust. I've already adjusted the height twice since original install and I can do it in 30min by myself. Currently I have the car sitting 14.5cm off the ground because the lip scraped too much but if I had a smaller lip I could probably set it to 13cm, but I would suggest starting at 14cm.

Ride: B-
When set to full soft they ride similarly to my old RCE blacks. At full hard... well lets just say I now have a great understanding of just how uneven the streets of Houston are.

Price: A+
You definitely get way more than you pay for these guys.

Overall I would give them an A-. Best coilovers for the price for sure. If you have any question just let me know.

Last edited:

JJBTEXAS

Quick question for y'all. I want roughly 350-400whp but can't decide what option is the best. I also want to keep spool under 4k. I'm not a huge fan of meth and the availability of E85 is questionable where I'm moving. This is a list of turbos I've come up with. Obviously the range is quite large cause i honestly have no clue right now. The turbo would go on with the rest of the mods in the "Power" section on my first post (for convenience i'll post those here as well). Anyways feel free to pic one of these or post another option. As a side note the dyno i run on reads low.

Blouch 20G-XT
Blouch 2.5XT-R
Blouch 3.0XT-R
FP HTA Green
ATP GT3071R EWG

with supporting mods of:

GS Ported Manifold, Cross-pipe and EWG Up-pipe with 38mm
V-band
Deatschwerks 850cc injectors
DW 300lph fuel pump
FMIC or maybe AWIC

also maybe these (depending on funds)

GS ported manifold
-looking into AMS prototype manifold
GS TGV deletes

JJBTEXAS

look impressive but unless i can find an install kit an EFR setup would be too expensive and outside of my capabilities. I would have to go custom which is too expensive i believe.

JJBTEXAS

well thats certainly a good idea and the turbos are that bad in terms of price. will consider

*edit: it looks like the only full race kit that would work would be the gen 2 twin scroll kit which is kinda pricey. i might as well get a twin scroll turbo to go with it. btw i was looking at the ERF 6258 which is single scroll

Last edited:

Paul.c

+1 for efr turbos. But I can understand if you wouldn't want to do/pay for the custom piping. Simplicity is a beautiful thing when it comes to performance cars.

Last edited:

JJBTEXAS

what do y'all think about going rotated using a GTX3071R with a .82 A/R turbine housing? I know a small housing would help spool but I do want some top end and I felt .82 is a good compromise.

JJBTEXAS

Update 3/21/2011

Installed the Prosport gauge today and well.... its off. like really off. claims 7 inHg of vacuum and full boost is a whopping 10psi :( Anyone know what it could be? I'll be contacting Prosport tmrw.

JJBTEXAS

Update 3/23/2011

Good news! Discovered it was a leak after all. The zip tie i used on the hose connected to the sensor to prevent a leak was actually the cause. Small complaint about the gauge though, it freaks out when i look at it through polarized lenses. Nothing major but annoying considering my favorite pair/driving glasses are polarized. oh well

Last edited:

JJBTEXAS

Update 4/10/2011

Installed a new cat-back exhaust on friday. It's LiteSpec's new exhaust for the GR STi. Full titanium and weighs nothing. Yes it's a single exit but it sounds great.

5602960559_5d8f606bf5_z.jpg

5602960117_f272fd8ee0_z.jpg

5603543968_478df782b3_z.jpg

5603543794_bf54aa8614_z.jpg

Also installed my IGOTASTI stickers from the contest

5606996417_9a1da965ed_z.jpg

5606996631_47d685c284_z.jpg

Last edited:

JJBTEXAS

Update 4/30/2011

So i have most of those little things in:
SMY Cluster
5673373581_ee07cefb6f_z.jpg

Nokya 9005 and 9006
5673940400_e342dfbc85_z.jpg

5673940136_7cea4a9acb_z.jpg

WC Lathe Werks Ti knob
5673373251_318a54eae2_z.jpg

Griot's Garage Quick Disconnect Battery Terminal
5660323064_a48b2ca6d9_z.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I like the shift knob. I want that. Very very nice. :)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sweet baby ray. I likey. How much do they want for them?

JJBTEXAS

i can find the seats for just under $800 with suede + brackets should be around $1000. It will probably be a while before I actually make the purchase. Just wishing for now.