jst0915's 09 WRX

Figured I might as well start a journal to help keep track of the stuff I've done to my car.

I bought the car new in Jan 2009 and kept it stock until this past October when I had Spec-Ops install a bunch of stuff and tune it.

2011-12-10_08-00-14_70.jpg

wrxback.jpg

Here is what I have so far:

Engine/Power:
- Stock Internals (for now)
- AMR 73mm CAI
- Perrin turbo inlet
- Perrin TMIC
- NGK 1 step colder plugs
- Hallman MBC
- Greddy UP
- Invidia Catted DP
- Tsudo N1 CBE
- Agency Power UEL Headers (Ceramic coated)
- Five-O Motorsports 1000CC injectors
- Deatschwerks 300lph fuel pump
- Cobb AP
- Cobb XLE BPV - Getting installed
- Element Tuning Catch Can - Getting made, intalled soon
- FP 68HTA Turbo (Ported) - Getting installed after VF-52 death

Suspension/Braking/Driveline/etc:
- Goodridge SS Brake Lines
- Hawk Brake pads
- Whiteline 22mm Front Sway Bar
- Whiteline 22mm Rear Sway Bar
- ACT 6 puck
- ACT Streetlite Flywheel
- GroupN Engine Mounts - Getting installed
- Agency Power Pitch Mount
- Kartboy Short Throw Shifter
- Kartboy Shifter Bushings (front and rear)

Interior:
- AEM AFR Gauge
- AEM 30PSI Boost Gauge
- SMY Gauge Cluster
- TWM M1 Abrams shift knob (it weighs 1lb, should help with the shifting)

After I got all of this installed and tuned I made 342whp/307wtq on a virtual dyno (Dynojet numbers) @ 17.4Psi on 93Oct.

Dyno_Graph.jpg

I recently ordered some more parts, and when they were being installed, I found out that my stock turbo had died (compressor housing broke off from the CHRA and the compressor wheel seized).

VF-52_Crack.jpg

So I ordered an FP 68HTA (ported), and am currently waiting for it to be installed. I don't know what the flow rate for a VF-52 is, but the 68HTA flows 47lbs/min, so I'm interested to see how much power I end up making after the install.

I also know that my car is more or less a ticking time bomb when it comes to the motor and transmission, so I'm saving up now to replace both of those. Feel free to take bets on which one is going to go first.
biggrin.png

I'm hoping that both the motor and the transmission will last a while, since I don't beat on the car all that much. I'll just have to make sure that I don't let Fuji drive it after it gets tuned, since he tends to destroy everything he touches
wink.png

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh WOW! I have never seen that happen to a turbo before... What exactly caused that? do you know?

I have no idea. Hopefully we can eventually figure it out though, and hopefully it doesn't happen to the new turbo.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good idea not to let Fuji drive. :lmao:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
NP. :thumbsup: