Just saying hello

Curve

Just thought I'd stop in and say hello. I found these forums through a facebook page. I've been on i-club for quite a while and I just started browsing NASIOC again.

I'm currently stationed in Hawaii, but in the next week or so I'll be moving to Georgia and driving up to PA. My car is waiting for me in Atlanta, so if you see a 2015 Launch Edition with a roof rack driving up the east coast towards Pennsylvania, it may be me.

Her name is "Clara". She's my second STi. The first one was a 2012 Plasma Blue STi. I plan to keep Clara for many years to come.

DSC_0539_zpsa88c4e4c.jpg

Clara:
ocwAaJl.jpg

Tg2qs4a.jpg

Tons more at icurve.imgur.com

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!!

Awesome!!!!! Tell us what it was like going from the 12 to the 15!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team [MENTION=4415]Curve[/MENTION].

Where at in PA are you coming to?

Curve

[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] Southwestern. Visiting family at home before going back to Georgia.
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] Army. Fort Shafter. Been here for four long years. Ready to move on!

Curve

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!!

Awesome!!!!! Tell us what it was like going from the 12 to the 15!

The one thing I can say for sure is that the handling on the 2015 is amazing. I'm so much more confident in that car than I was in my 2012. And the torque steer is almost non-existent in the 2015. The seats are a lot more comfortable and snug. The difference in the driving modes is a lot less noticeable now too. I-mode isn't nearly the slug it was in previous years. It's actually a usable mode that gets into boost when you need it. The difference between I to S# is a lot less. The short throw shifter makes a huge difference, having not had one in my 2012; I would recommend it to anyone thinking about getting one. And a front lip spoiler makes this car look 10 times better in the front!

The one thing I'm upset about is the fact that Subaru doesn't make a factory roof rack for the 2015s any more. There's no slots for them to be installed like on previous years. I had to go out and get a Yakima, and I'm not happy about it. Also, they went LED on the headlights, but then screwed up the fog lights. I'll be looking at getting the PIAA kit for $299 to replace the LEDs. They're not cheap, but the color is right, as opposed to some other LED kits I've seen.

I wasn't completely sold on the looks over my previous car at first, as it doesn't look as wide. But then I realized, after comparing with a 2014 side-by-side, that Subaru simply put the headlights on the 2008-2014 closer together to give the appear

I'm taking the car on Road Atlanta in November for a novice track day. I'll have the GoPro running and have some more input for you then, but keep in mind, I'm a novice. ;)

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
@Batmobile_Engage Army. Fort Shafter. Been here for four long years. Ready to move on!

There are a handful of things about living in Hawaii that sucked, but all in all, I never wanted to leave. When I win the Powerball,
I might move back. :lol:

edward.nelson1

1ccd103e940249038f4dbefa24e615db.jpg

New Member, Fairly New Subi owner.
2011 STI, 28,000 miles
I just bought the car about 6 weeks ago.
Love this car, never thought I would own any type of import.....but this car is absolutely ridiculous.
Really interested in upgrading the car, no t so much to have the fastest STI on the street....but I really don't want to be the slowest, lol.
I have owned about 4 Fox bodies, a first and 3 Gen Camaro and a Chevelle.....so I wouldn't consider myself new to the "performance game"......just lacking the knowledge on what I need to do to make this car fast enough to punish a majority of all the damn V8's here in Big D.
Open to any and all suggestions, what ya got?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4433]edward.nelson1[/MENTION] pics of the muscle!!!

Welcome! Nice to see another LE owner :) I know a few people in the GA area with Launches as well!