kill switch

hey guys. i have been wanting to add a kill switch in my car and was just wondering what others have done. like what did you use and what did you kill. ( fuel pump, ignition, etc) you dont have to say where you put the swithc cuz i know we all want to keep quite about that. i just want to know whats working good so i can do something close.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I havent done it, but couldnt you just tap into the key harness and throw a toggle switch to that circuit? That'd be like turning the key off and pulling it out if you flipped the switch.

Is this an anti-theft thing?

I think it is an anti-theft thing. IMO the best course of action would be to mount the battery in the trunk and put a breaker in line somewhere hidden that you can just switch on/off. The STI already has anti-theft protection with an immobilizer built in i believe so a kill-switch would not be beneficial if at all IMO.

very true!! so what if i just toggle from the power to the fuel pump will that work?? thats what i was kinda planning

Grinder34

Track Monkey
you could always just pull a fuse as you leave the car. I mean, do your research on which fuse, but there are a few essential ones, and they're super easy to get to.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I've been thinking about this for anti theft purposes but, for that, a simple switch would do, and you can intercept the fuel pump relay to prevent the car from starting all together. But another better method I have used, that fucks with peoples heads, is I put the kill switch on the throttle body relay... It starts the car but it won't rev past 2000 rpm and renders the car undrivable. It is also less obvious than the fuel pump relay. Also if the switch is accidentally activated, you won't loose power steering or breaks because the engine is still allowed to idle.