GD Kob's 2004 WRX "Now SM" Build

Paul.c

very nice build and great progress made over the past year. I look forward to seeing more from you and your car(s).

adamkob32

Thanks Paul, I am getting to the point now where I need to decide if I really want to go furthur with this car. If I do decide to go more it means spending a lot of money unfortunately on basically reliability parts. Both engine and transmission can't really go much farther, especially if I eventually do pickup a set of Hoosier's. That might spell the end for the stock 5 speed. And power wise I don't know if I'd go up any more on the 2.0L. My goal really was to see 300whp with the build on it, but I didn't want to kill spool so went with the smaller TD05H-16G. Some stuff definitely has been a trade off so far.

But I have experience building engines so obviously bigger power isn't out of the question either so we will see haha. PPG's anyone?

Z1107

How's the td-05h 16g treating you, mine got installed today and can't wait to pick it up after work.

adamkob32

How's the td-05h 16g treating you, mine got installed today and can't wait to pick it up after work.

I love it, combination of the external gate and ebcs I think this spools slightly faster then the TD04 did and pulls a hell of a lot stronger up top. I'm very happy with it overall. I think the tune could still use some work in the injector settings department but unfortunately my map is not saved in race format that I can edit. Every try to get the tuner to unlock the map for me I never get a reply or help to fix the issue. :(

--Adam