Love the STI from Boca raton, FL

Flyerdena

Hey everyone I recently purchased a 2004 silver sti with 139k miles. I absolutely love it. The dealer screwed me over a bit and I have had to fix a lot but its ok. But was also wondering if I could find the original owner on here. They lift there insurance cards in the manual lol. Maybe later when I post the last name the first owner might find it and tell me mroe info :)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yeah welcome!

Now we need to know more about what they did to screw you. Also, we need to know more about the car, like mods and any plans you may have for it in the future!

Flyerdena

Well the car ran fine for the first week. And than the radiator cracked, 1 month later the battery fried and there wasnt an amp for the speakers. Before purchasing the car I asked the dealer if it was in any accidents they replied NO and that the car is in mechanically working condition and that nothing was wrong. Well my friend did a search on the vin and it was in a minor front impact back in 2005. The car has been eating oil like crazy since I bought it and finally the ring lands went last week.

MODS
Perrin turbo inlet, 3 inch dp with high flow cat, WR coil overs, cobb front and rear sway bars and my friend tuned it. Within the next two weeks I will be buying a upgrade/rebuild kit that has je pistons,rods, pins etc.

I want it a little bit faster and I should be happy. If I get a new job than I will look into more of what I want to do.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Well, FWIW, they lied to you can you can probably sue them for, well, lots of things (cost of repairs, to say the least). Might be more of a hassle than its worth, and I'm not about being overly litigious, but they LIED to you about the car.

So you'll do the engine work yourself?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I dont know much about engine internals, but there sure are some people on here that do! I also know that they (for very good reasons) have strong opinions about brands and internals--usually because the have experience with breaking bad brands and know the technical concepts behind WHY bad brands are bad. (perfect example, look for posts from fujiwara about Manley vs Mahle pistons. I dont know where the JE pistons in the package fit in). Also things like bearing clearances, ring gaps, etc...

Anyways, Have you perused some of the engine threads yet, such as the "building up the heads" one?

http://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?230-EJ257-Building-up-the-heads

I'd encourage you to at least post up a question and look through some older posts, i'm sure you'll find a lot of good info both in the engine thread and some of the journals.

PS, we have a "request a price" thread on here where you can post what you're looking for and you'll almost certainly save off MSRP if its something our vendors carry.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
perfect example, look for posts from fujiwara about Manley vs Mahle pistons.

I haven't had a lot of time to look yet, being at work right now and all, but I haven't been able to locate that discussion.
Do you know the name of the thread or have the link?

Thanks Grinder.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and Enjoy! :D Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :tup: