Megan racing coilovers

Possibly getting a set of Megan coilovers today. Street series. Can anyone tell me anything about them? Good? bad? I have an 08 sti hatch.
If this belongs somewhere else I'm sorry. Posted before I go into work. No time to look.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Cheap, as in junk, is what I've heard and not really widely used for Subaru but I have no practical experience.
I personally wouldn't buy them.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We agree with [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] on this one.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Depends on which model of megans. If theyre $300, then steer clear. If theyre the ones that are $1200 and youre getting a great deal, then maybe you should go for it. Ive seen people rocking the expensive megans without any problems.

So it depends on which youre dealing with. Post some info or pictures. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Are they brand new or used? How much would you be spending?

Brand new. Guy said he would include a camber kit ($221) all for 800. Thought I'm not into camber. I would resell the camber kit.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Eh. Take a few hours and do some research on them. Make sure you have the knowledge of everything you need to know about them before you buy them. Look up and see what people with wrx/sti's that have them are saying.

Tell him no camber kit and $450 for the coils and its a deal! :lol: after you do the research first though!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I'd still be more inclined to put that money towards BC or Stance. If I had to go the cheap route.
Or do a revalve from Feal. On th GR you actually get a coilover type strut for the rear since they can't do shit with the stocker

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Then put the money towards the bc coils since theyre not that much more and you would have quality assurance.