GR My 2011 STi (wtf is a warranty?) journal

sjcurtis

I took the car to Top Speed and had it tuned about 20k miles ago and its running great. It put down 315awhp and 370awtq

sjcurtis

The only thing that I have put on the car performance wise is the FMIC and I know I need to get it tuned for that but I want to get a few other things before I make the trip back up there. I am working on getting a fuel pump, injectors and the Dominator 1.5 XT-R turbo but its going slow right now. I just spent some of that money on a fourwheeler that I came across, I have $450 in it right now including parts to fix it up and it is a 2007 Suzuki LTZ 400 that was put in the shop in 2009 with what they thought was a locked up motor and the guy never came to pick it up. So I got it and a 2003 LTZ 400 for parts for doing a little electrical work around the shop plus $150 then I found out that the 2007 LTZ only needed a pistion and a cylinder after I got into the motor. I took the cylinder off of the 2003 and had it honed for $20 and then ordered a pistion+top end gasket kit off ebay for $189 and bam I have a new fourwheeler for around $400 buck but that cut into my STi fund.

STimedic

Tasteful. I do recommend a tune after any mod, whether it be switching our from TMIC to FMIC or even just an intake. STI's are very fickle when it comes to simple mods.

sjcurtis

So I wanted to buy a shifter and e-brake boot but I really didn't want to spend that much money on them so I got some red string and went to stitching. I know y'all are going to call me gay or Martha Stewart but oh well I think it came out great and it only cost me about $5
Here is the first side done on the e-brake boot
2012-07-14_23-17-39_574.jpg

And the finished boots
2012-07-15_01-52-42_76.jpg

2012-07-15_05-04-39_668.jpg

And us looking all fast and furious at a meet in down town Montgomery
396782_10151075666550289_695113273_n.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Shit man that looks great. At a glance the stitching is even enough to pass as factory.

Vermont

God damn you can stitch.... I couldn't do even half as good as what you did man. Grinder is right it does pass for factory.

sjcurtis

Well I had a buddy come over the house so we could roll his fenders and while we was talking tires I found out that he could get me some tires at cost. He said that he had a friend that worked at a wholesale tire dealer in town and as long as the size I needed was in stock he could hook me up. Well a week goes by and I get a text saying he didn't have any 265/35/18s in stock but he did have some 275/35/18s that a customer spiecal ordered and never picked up and if I wanted them he would give me a hell of a deal. He called me back and said the tires where Cooper Zeon RS3 and he would let me get them for $375 cash so I said Helz yeah when can I get them. Needless to say I pocked them up that day and put them on the next day. I had to roll rear fenders completely flat and cut some of the plastic in the rear fender but it still rubbed so I had to put the stock springs in the back which I think it looks better now because it looks leveled out.
2012-09-14_16-47-07_241_zpsf217a419.jpg

sjcurtis

I bought a Thule roof rack with two Yakima Raptor bike carriers. I also got a cheap eBay front lip that is taking some getting used to because it hits everything.
2013-01-15_12-52-29_731.jpg

2013-01-22_16-44-56_153-1.jpg

2013-01-22_16-45-09_935-1.jpg

sjcurtis

I had to make some extensions to my already homemade ramps because of the new lip hahahahaha
2013-02-26_13-27-05_315.jpg

2013-02-27_13-04-40_978.jpg

And on a off note I seen some cheap ass cars at a local meet in Birmingham
2013-02-16_11-23-49_687.jpg

sjcurtis

I picked up a buddy of mine that had surgery just to get him out of the house and take him to pay some bills and grab something to eat. As we was talking about things I wanted to do to the STi he remembered that he had some new parts left over from a project STi build that he did about a year ago. So when we get back to his house he brings me a brand new water pump and a brand new set of JE pistons and tells me that I can have them for $100. I think I got a pretty sweet deal.
2013-02-21_19-51-47_602.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Damn, man! I want your connections.

The car's looking great...but when are you gonna install those pistons?! :D

sjcurtis

Well the car is fixing to roll 50k miles and it is still running great but now my car looks like a golf ball. I drove to work one night last week and about ten minutes later a freaking hail storm dropped golf ball sized hail for about 15 minutes and dimpled the whole car up. The estimate that I got from the insurance company was $6,900 and luckily I have a friend that owns a body shop and he is going to make sure the car is fixed up right. I guess there is a up side because we looked at the differance in cost for fixing the hood and trunk or just replacing they with some flossy SEBION carbon fiber pieces and I am going with the carbon fiber hahahaha. I ordered the SEBION CW hood, trunk and spoiler today and the car goes in the shop on Monday. My question is should I go ahead and get a carbon fiber roof wrap or would that be to much? I am thinking since the car is DGM that it will all blend in and look good but I really would like some opinions on the roof wrap.

sjcurtis

I have no idea when I will be building the motor. I am so close to paying my house off I am just hoping that the stock internals will hold up for two more years and then I can really start putting some money into the car.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Ugggh. Makes me want a garage even more. So did you order the replacements/upgrades yet?