GD my black lover

pairofboobs

obp hawk

hey my name is ian. i bought my 2006 sti in november of 2005 with 7 miles on the clock. i wanted it in AW but i found a better deal at a dealership that had only one on their lot. and it was OBP and i took it :tup: started with an invidia catback. then came the invidia v2 downpipe. then came the defi amber 60 mm boost gauge, intake, and bov..........quickly realized that mistake, stock bpv back on lol. then came my first tune via utec. lost the paperwork but if you don't believe me, well i don't care. 318 whp 330 tq on dynojet

shortly after came tein flex coilovers. then i picked up an aps EL exhaust mani and up pipe, mbc, and an aem wideband o2 and afr gauge. i was then road tuned by ray@turbotek via opensource tuning. (much better than utec)

then i went thru they old aggressive wheels faze. 18x9.5+27 (all around) enkei nt03+m in silver 255/35 potenza re760 tires, and about -4 camber. here's a few pics:

now it looks like this:

believe me i loved the way it looked with the aggressive setup, but they key word is "looked" it rode like total shit, tires wore out quick, and driving it was so stressful because of constantly looking out for forbidden terrain and obstacles in the road. the new setup isn't aggressive at all but i am selling that setup as well. i will ride the stockers until i can find a decent set of 17x9, and add some beefy tires.

so in february of 2011, my sti was finally paid off. after months and months and months of $569.39 and what seemed like a dozen different insurance companies, it was all over. naturally i wanted a new car. i was between going for a new hatch sti, or an evo X. then i really wanted a X. and i almost bought one, then i realized that it was a waste of money. i looked at the sube and realized i could never let it go. i have been thru way too much with this car. finally money started flowing into my savings account again. i decided on doing a turbo upgrade. and here we are. a year later. this is my upcoming modlist (not installed yet, but in my posession)

blouch dominator 1.5xtr
dw 850cc injectors
agency power side feed fuel rails/lines
1 step colder plugs
grimmspeed ebcs
amr turbo inlet
turbo xs fmic/turbosmart recirc bov
cobb sf intake (current blitz intake won't fit with intercooler)
cobb accessport v2 (to be tuned by ray@turbotek)

that is my story so far. the car currently has 65k miles. the motor will remain stock for another year or so, or unless something unfortunate happens. i will update as much as i remember to. hopefully this beast will be ready to terrorize the streets by april 1st.

-ian

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
:welcome: to the team! Awesome story and beautiful pictures!

pairofboobs

thank you! i was overdue on joining after learning about this site on fb. but, here i am. never made a journal before, and i realize it is quite sloppy compared to a lot of the others, but hey! i'd rather be DRIVING than writing a detailed college style 3 hour long log of my car :lol: cheers!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I totally understand. It's all good. :)

Paul.c

All that matters in a journal is that you have a little bit of background story with a ton of pictures. After all "Pics or it never happened".

C NO EVO

no worky here either, change the privacy settings on the video to public - unless you want to add all of us :D

microsnook

Nice car man. Are you on the stock block? You're going to keep the stock block with turbo upgrade?
Curious because I want to upgrade my turbo but not sure if I should build my block first...

Thanks