New 05 Subaru WRX STi Owner

Exterior Mods Suggestions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bang876

I have an 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi that i bought heavily modify. The original owner seems to have modify the car properly with correct parts and tune. The Compression and leakdown test performed at a local Subaru dealership has yielded good results. I drove it around quite a lot for two weeks and encounter no problems with the car. Some of the mods are new forge pistons, Titanium forge rods, Coswort crankshaft and camshaft, flywheel, headers, down pip, Rotated set up Garret turbo kit @ 20psi (Up to 25psi), Greaddy Turbo timer, COB Accessport, HKS Nvida exhaust system, Clutch, Methanol line, and more but I dont have the info on hand. The car is pushing a little over 400WHP and ran fantastic while i drove it during R&R. Once i get back home I plan on replacing the wheels and tires with a set of O.Z Ultraleggera from tirerack. Also the rebuilt engine block has about 1.4k miles on it with a 1k miles break in period before it was sold to me. I am super exited about this car and would like recommendations and comments regarding what i should know do improve and properly maintain this car. Thank You everyone for your help and suggestions and I am glade to finally be a part of this community.

Anyone who live near or on post hit me up!

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 377568_1603081453473_1729227894_792772_984977103_n.jpg
    377568_1603081453473_1729227894_792772_984977103_n.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team. Glad you are here. Make sure to use good oil. :)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
How about some sort of turbo blanket/heat shield? That thing looks naked in there!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Congratulations on the purchase! Welcome and enjoy!

Just drive normally most of the time and don't go WOT unless you need to... "The brightest burning stars have very short lives" Just enjoy the car and the more you treat it well the more it will give back.

My oil recommendations are either redline or amsoil. :tup: Also since this motor is fully built you can't use OEM oil recommendations. You may need to run 10W40 or greater based on oil clearances for the pistons, rods and main bearings. It would be nice to have that information to better determine oil usage. Oil weight is critical in built motors. If you are uncertain then just stick with at least 10W40,

Check out the member's journals and feel free to start your own! :D

Bang876

Thanks for all the suggestions and welcome guys. Also Thanks HolyCrapItsFast for your suggestions and explanation on oil i honestly didnt know that! Now that i think about it it may have not been such a great idea to have bought such a heavily modify car especially since its my first Subaru and turbocharged car. I am looking forward to asking lots of questions and please bear with me if some are quite retarded. Again Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

But what can i say the moment the previous owner took me out on a test drive and literally spent 30mins explaining to me how much 400WHP was and the proper way to hold the steering wheel, when to shift, letting turbo warm up and cool down, and he kept saying to constantly be alert, i felt like I was attending a driving school lol. But once he was assured I wasnt going to wrap us both to a tree i drove her and fell in love instantly! DARN him for letting me drive it because I got sucker in real quick.

Last edited:

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Welcome in! Glad to have you :) If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please feel free to let us know! These guys are the tech heads that know all about the chemistry and physics. You can bet they know their stuff!

Bang876

Though I must say.. is it just me, or is that intake awfully close to the turbo? I'm thinking heat....

Yes its awfully close, so i thinking of installing a decent short ram intake? Any suggestions?

Bang876

Everything including tax, first month of insurance, tag and registration costed me about $17,000 cash. I had very low sales tax rate because i bought the car while on R&R and FL offered little to no sales tax for deployed soldiers. Modifications wise its got about $7,000 in mods if labor was included. I got the car for a decent price because the guy lost his job and i just paid off what he owed to the bank. I am not 100% sure but base of the mods and his old dyno its expected to generate about 475HP so about 400WHP. Once i get back to the states i plan on doing a proper dyno again and a retune.

Paul.c

Howdy, please do not hesitate to ask any question that comes to mind some one will answer. If someone wants to make fun of you for being a noob then we will ban them. End of story.

Robert Viehweger

Daily Driver
Though with the parts that are already on the car, a touch up tune won't hurt you at all. Just to be sure everything is as it should be.